While the boys are away the girls will play!
So the boys went down to LA on their annual Dodger Trip. While they were gone me and Em had a blast just being together and doing "girl stuff." The first day was like most others, we had lots of errands to do but while we were out I decided to pop into Alpine Bakery and get her a cookie, just to make it special. We walked in and they greeted us as we looked around. One of the ladies was especially nice and had a little conversation with me and Em while she put away some new cookies. As she went to put the last one away, she looked up at me and asked, "Can I give this to her?" Holding up this huge flag cookie. I said yes and it totally made Em's day. I really wanted to just leave after that since I went in there to buy a cookie and they ended up giving us one. But then I felt like I had even more reason to buy a cookie so I could support such a generous business so I bought 2 small cookies for a whooping 30 cents.
Later that night we painted our fingers and toes. When we were out running errands I let her pick the color she wanted, of course it was hot pink. It was the first time I ever painted Em's nails. I must admit that I thought it looked adorable and for that reason I'll probably paint them more often. But she LOVED it! As of this week she still would run around and show people her pink nails even though most of it had come off by now. It was clearly a highlight for her.
Since the boys were having their own sleep over I thought it would be fun to have one too. But I really didn't want to get her back in the habit of sleeping in my bed nor me sleeping in her bed other wise she would want to do that ever night. I decided to blow up an air mattress and put it in the living room which she thought was awesome. We had a special movie night and then slept together. She really loved it and because it was something I could take down and put away it didn't become a bad habit. We'll have to do it again!
We had to go on at least one fun outing so we walked over to Pixiland to ride some rides and see the ducks. We got there a little early so we wondered around the pond first. We found all sorts of animals, the most surprising was the number of turtles. Em really enjoyed that little walk, especially because I let her lead.
Then we headed inside to ride some rides. Teacups, train, cars, carousel, she loved them all!
![]() |
| We saw a picture of the boys eating Cotton candy so we had to get some too! :) |
![]() |
| I think the cars are her favorite. And we saw a live bunny hopping around inside the car track too. |
![]() |
| Our blue tongues from the Cotton Candy (sorry the pic is upside down) |
![]() |
| Loved the cars so much we rode it twice. |
Overall, we didn't do anything too exciting, but it was fun to have so much one on one time together. This little girl is a hoot! I'm so lucky to be able to hang out with her everyday! And I'm sure this was just the first of what will be many awesome Girls Only Time.
Love you Em!











Comments