Skip to main content

Just so I don't forget...

Kids say the darnedest things.  A few tender, funny, and embarrassing moments that have happened this week just for memories sake.

Em's Prayer
Em has been very anxious to say her prayers lately.  It is so funny to see how different P and Em say they prayers.  P basically opens, blesses the food and closes.  Em on the other hand goes on and on and on and on about every single thing she can think of.  It is adorable and I love it.  So the other night she wanted to say them and I almost burst out laughing in the middle of the prayer because of what she said.  I wish I would have written this sooner so I could have put down the whole prayer.  Anyway a few minutes in she says "Bless us to remember to keep our {insert male anatomy} and our bums private."  I seriously almost died laughing.  There sweet thing about it, is that she was actually remembering our FHE lesson from a couple of days prior.  The lesson was on how our body is a temple and we talked about the different things we can do to treat it as such and one of which was to keep our privates private.  So I was super excited that A. she actually got something out of the FHE lesson, and B. this sweet little 2 year old was praying for help to apply the lesson.  I love her.  Have I mentioned that lately.  She really is the best.  She may be wild and crazy but she is also the sweetest, smartest, cutest little girl I have ever met.

P wants to read
P told Jeff the other day.
P - "Daddy, I want to learn how to read."
Jeff- "Really, that is great. why do you want to read?"
P - "So I can read to Emily."
P - "Dad, when I turn 4 I will be big and then I can read to Emily"

When Jeff told me my heart melted.  What a great big brother he is.  P has told me this a few times since the original conversation with Jeff.  And if anyone could read by age 4 it would be this little guy.  He seriously is the smartest.  He is always asking about letters and signs and what things say so he is well on his way.  He does already "read" her the books he has memorized.  And I must admit that walking in on them reading together might be one of my favorite things ever.

On a side note, the library was having a book sale the other day so we decided to go check it out.  I 21 books for $10s and only two of them seemed used at all.  The kids LOVE THEM!  They are so obsessed with Disney these days so I was really lucky to find so many Disney books.  And I love them because now the kids can get the stories without all the movies and I think they love it just as much.  I'm not kidding, every since we bought these they are looking at them ALL DAY LONG.  I find them in every room in the house, they bring them in the car, they ask me to read them out-loud ... I'm telling you, they LOVE them!  Some of he best $10 I ever spent.

Em's Phone Call
On Monday, Em beat me out to the living room after we had all just gotten out of bed.  As I'm headed out to the living room I hear her talking on the phone.  Obviously in my mind I assumed it was pretend because she does it all the time.  As I listen to her talking I all of the sudden hear a mans voice.  I grab the phone from her as fast as I could.  I hear her telling the man that P was going to school today, she was staying with mommy, and daddy was at work among a few other things.  As soon as I grabbed the phone I realized it was the Bishop.  Luckily he was such a great sport about it.  He said he had a very nice conversation with her and it made his day.  He really is a great man and that fact that he was so willing to talk with her for a few minutes really meant a lot to me.  I still felt horrible that it even happened, but he didn't seem to mind at all.

The rest of the day Em told everyone what happen.  She told me a few times too, "Mommy, I called the Bishop.  Ha ha!  And that's kinda funny!"  This girl cracks me up!

We have many other moments like this everyday of our lives, these ones were just especially memorable and I do not want to forget them so I had to put them down somewhere.  Since this is my journal it seemed like the best place to put it.  On a similar note, I just finished publishing my 2011 Blog book.  I am anxious for it to come in the mail.  I only had 2 days to spend on it so it is nothing fancy, I'm just excited to have a hard copy of all the pictures and posts.  Hopefully it will come next week.  :)

Also, I have a list of 10 post that I need to write so there should be lots of reading on here coming up very soon. . . . I hope.  :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have to admit that this is only the second time I've read your blog, but it made my day! You have such a special family and you are an amazing mom! I just had to tell you that. I wish that when my kids I had written down some of the types of things you are writing here. Even if no one ever reads it, it will be yours forever.

Love,
Kirsten

P.S. Parker is showing all the classic signs of an early reader and the children who do are often veracious readers for life. Love!

I'm posting as anonymous because I couldn't figure out how to do the other things. ha,ha
Merkley Jiating said…
What website do you use to print your blog. I've been wanting to do that and I looked at blog2print and blurb but one seemed to mess up my format and the other seemed like so much work to design myself. Maybe I was just doing something wrong?

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...