So the P-man has never been into coloring. Anytime I got the crayons out he would do one quick scribble over the whole page and then run away. He seemed to have more fun lining up and counting crayons than drawing with them. Well, yesterday we needed one more activity to do before bed so I thought we would try coloring. Em was loving it as always and P was running around as always. He did come and scribble on a few pages and then continued his running. Then I found a picture of a snake and I told him I had an awesome idea. That he should color each square a different color. He got so excited. So he sat down next to me and we talked about each square and what he wanted to color it and guess what... HE DID IT! He didn't just scribble all over the whole page, but he colored each square one color. I know it sounds silly, but I am so proud! I took a picture. :)
![]() |
| Showing off his masterpiece |
![]() |
| Saying all the colors |
On another note, apparently during "quite time" (quotes because they are actually quite loud. They spent the first 40 minutes laughing hysterically) today they decided to play dress up with Em's skirts because both Em AND P came out modeling her frilly skirts. I started laughing so hard and ran to get the camera. P was a true man and ran to take it off so there would be no proof. This was the best I got. But trust me, it was so funny!
Love these kiddos! It is so fun to watch them learn & grow. I love that they remind me to be silly everyday. They are the best!
One more little moment. We were out walking the other day and I glanced down to find this:
It seriously melted my heart. P's hand resting on Em's lap, their arm's are linked and she was gently rubbing his are. It was so sweet! These two might fight and bicker a lot, but at the end of the day they really are best best buddies. There is nothing better than loving your family and knowing they love you too.
I may be poor and live in a dump but when it comes to what really matters... I am literally living the dream. Blessed.



Comments