Skip to main content

Have you noticed?

I need a haircut ASAP!
This is me saying, "I'll smile if you ignore my hair."

Don't get me wrong, I am really excited I have long hair, I love having long hair, but it needs a little TLC. It has been a few months since I have even got a trim and I am still re-couping from a not so good hair cut. The last few times I have really CUT my hair, not just a trim, I was not pleased with the results. Now it would probably help if I was willing to pay more than $10 for a hair cut . . . but I'm Mrs. High Pockets as my father calls me and it is really hard for me to spend money on my hair.
So I need your help!

What do you think I should do?
Before you make any suggestions you should know:
  • It MUST be able to go back into a ponytail!!!!!!!
  • My hair is STICK STRAIGHT
  • My hair will not curl to save my life (via over night curls, hot curls, even curling irons, they just don't work)
  • I want and need something EASY! I do not like to spend time on my hair and I don't have the time to spend it even if I did like to.
  • And one more reminder . .. It MUST be able to go back into a ponytail!!!!!!!
So I have been browsing the web for a couple of weeks and cant really find any that I am dying to have, so here are a few that I think I could live with.


Which one do you like?
Which one do you think would look good on me?
Which one do you think would be EASY to maintain?

I think I can tell just after this post which cut I am leaning toward (since 3 of the pics have almost the same cut) And apparently the hubs likes layers . . . but every time I get them I hate it. Again, it could be the cheap cut.

So really what do you think?
1, 2, 3
4, 5, or 6?


Comments

Vindie said…
My vote is the Anne Hathaway look. Super cute and you have great thick hair to pull it off! When you decide let me watch your kids while you get it done!
I think hair style 3, 4 and 6 are all the same just styled different and one has bangs. But, I love it and think you could def. pull it off and into a pony tail. My sisters best friend does hair and she is AMAZING and has fabulous prices. Let me know if you haven't found a place to go to.
Katherine said…
So here I am admitting I look at your blog (especially when you post on facebook!)

I think Anne Hathaway's cut would look so cute on you!!

And if you want to view our blog, too, just send me a message with your email!
Nicole said…
okay Rebecca! This is my advice that I have learned the hard way many times: You get what you pay for when it comes to hair!! I would get layers, but I would find a REALLY great stylist, tell her what you MUST have, tell her about your hair, show her some pictures, and she will be a HUGE help. The good stylists will be able to give you exactly what you want. Did you know if you get a high enough quality haircut they don't need hardly any effort on your part. (ya know, brush it, maybe straighten or curl a place or 2 that dried or got slept on funny). SO, now that you know what style you want (I'm guessing 3,4,6 which are REALLY cute)you should be asking- where can I get my haircut that will do a really phenomenal job?
It's like I tell Jacob when we go out to dinner: It's better to pay a tiny bit extra for something you'll actually like, rather than get the cheapest thing on the menu, when it's something you won't really even enjoy!
Good luck!
Nicole said…
I need to clarify- you don't have to get the most expensive thing on the menu, either, just make sure it will actually be something you like! What I was getting at was there's no need to waste $10 on something you won't even like!
Taylors said…
#3 & 4! They both look easy and cute! But I like your long hair too
I like 1&4. The hubs may like layers, but if you get layers and then don't style it, it's not the prettiest. Definite no to 2, too much maintenance for you. :)
Sarah said…
OK...here goes...

Because your hair is stick straight go for the layers. You will not come out of the shower or roll out of bed with the Gweneth Paltrow or Lauren Conrad hair unless your blow dry with a round brush and then flat iron with serum. trust me. I have stick straigh hoar as well, though mine does curl, mine still does not look like that without a lot of effort! The layers will keep it looking styled without a lot of maintence and without your hair looking stringy. Newsflash women: If your hair looks stringy long it will look stringy short! I do agree with Nicole that a good haircut is worth the extra money. Start trimming until you like the length and then start cutting layers. If you are going to do bang make sure they cut your hair when it is dry as wet bangs will get shorter as they dry! You will always look good no matter what your hair looks like but I am game for the longer bog with layers. Keep us posted!!
Sarah said…
Do you love all the typos! lol...sorry...that last line I meant to say the longer BOB. Duh.
Charla Ann said…
I love number 4! The Lauren Conrad look. I feel like you had a similar one, and you look awesome in the short hair & the long. But for all intents and purposes for this phase, I think the shorter, but still cute style is perfect for you & I think that you could definately fit it in a ponytail. :) I am sure you will look cute in whatever you get though. :)
Michele said…
Well, I would pick 1,3 or 6. Forgot the layers and pull it back into a ponytail.
Andrea said…
4! I could see that looking really cute on you! I recently got my hair cut to something very similar to #4 and it's super easy to take care of/style AND still goes in a ponytail for when I go to work. It's great! Go for it!
Andrea said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
heather said…
Totally agree with Lindsey - like 100%. #1 is my favorite for you. Can't wait to see what you're doing! I'm cutting mine again out in CO for Thanksgiving ... it's the ONLY place that I've gone to for a cut that I love. And yes, it's a more expensive place, but it is so worth it. Especially if I want a cut that's low maintenance but looks good too! Good luck. :)
Hillary H said…
I love that you have Veronica Mars (Kristen Bell) on there twice! I think she has such cute hair. I just got my hair cut, and was thinking of going bangs (scary!) but the hairstylist informed me why that would be a bad choice for me. I did mid length with layers and don't do anything to it, and it looks just fine.

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...