Skip to main content

P stands for Pants, Smarty Pants that is

Yup, I'm talking about this little guy. Now I know I'm a little biased, but I'm not gonna lie . . . the P-man is a smart cookie! For example, I can no longer say the phrase "smart cookie" around him because then he runs into the kitchen asking for a cookie. See what I mean. Perhaps you are thinking, year all toddlers do this, but the has been doing it since he was just over a year old. He is now just over 18 months and talks like you wouldn't believe! I recently decided to try and make a list of all of his words. Well I have been working on it for a couple of days now and am tired of doing it. So far I am at 250 words and I know there are tons more I am just done trying to think them up and write them down. The thing is, they are TOTALLY audible not just by mommy but by most. He really just loves to talk . . . I think he got that from his mommy :) but really, it is crazy to me. He talks more than most 2 year old I know, I mean, I could be wrong but most people that are around us comment about it as well. So I do think he is quite the talker for someone his age. I also might add that he repeats EVERYTHING we say and as a result is getting more and more words each day.
Here is the list of words/names/animal sounds he uses on a daily basis in the correct way in no particular order:
1. Plate

2. Chair

3. Bed

4. Bowl

5. Fork

6. Spoon

7. Table

8. Coach

9. Bedroom

10. Bathroom

11. Kitchen

12. Potty

13. Bath

14. Dinner

15. Run

16. Peach

17. Apple

18. Orange

19. Applesauce

20. Pear

21. Strawberry

22. Plum

23. Grapes

24. Bananas

25. Bread

26. Cereal

27. Cherrios

28. Kixs

29. Goldfish

30. Cracker

31. Mac & Cheese

32. Cheese

33. Spaghetti

34. Dinner

35. Dinos (dino chicken nuggets)

36. Up

37. Down

38. Stuck

39. Hair

40. Head

41. Face

42. Mouth

43. Nose

44. Eyes

45. Ears

46. Teeth

47. Chin

48. Neck

49. Bellybutton

50. Vitamins

51. Fingers

52. Hand

53. Feet

54. Toes

55. Knees

56. Wipes

57. Diapers

58. Dirty

59. Mess

60. Catch

61. Boom

62. Again

63. Uh-oh

64. Pen

65. Paper

66. Crayon

67. Draw

68. Please

69. Thank you

70. Nap

71. Help

72. Yucky

73. More

74. Bat

75. Baseball

76. Basketball

77. Blanket

78. Books bounce

79. Rock

80. Mama

81. Dada

82. Emily

83. Parker

84. Grandma

85. Grandpa

86. GG

87. Granny

88. Rachel

89. Dallas

90. Ricky

91. Jason

92. Buddy

93. Bubba

94. Five

95. Pound it

96. One

97. Two

98. Three

99. Ten

100. “LMNOP”

101. “Z”

102. Music

103. Sing

104. Car

105. Truck

106. Blocks

107. Dominos

108. Chips

109. Stack

110. Build

111. Pillow

112. Pluto

113. Elmo

114. Big Bird

115. Cookie Monster

116. Mickey Mouse

117. Binkie

118. Sorry

119. Love You

120. Jesus

121. Cup

122. Gone

123. Done

124. Phone

125. Hello

126. Hi

127. Bye Bye

128. Poop

129. Toot

130. Baby

131. Snake

132. Cat

133. Dog

134. Garbage

135. Sheep

136. Cow

137. Monkey

138. Horse

139. Elephant

140. Tiger

141. Bear

142. Roster

143. Triangle

144. Oval

145. Circle

146. Square

147. Rectangle

148. Dimond

149. Door

150. Open

151. Close

152. Opa

153. Popcorn

154. Prayer

155. Church

156. Fish

157. Starfish

158. Stairs

159. Classes

160. Boy

161. Girl

162. Piano

163. Turtle

164. Duck

165. Dolphin

166. Lights

167. Sun

168. Moon

169. Pole

170. Bunny

171. Spider

172. Amen

173. Clock

174. Stinky

175. Market

176. Roast beef

177. Home

178. None

179. Choo choo

180. Hoo hoo

181. Outside

182. Straw

183. Cake

184. Keys

185. Kiss

186. Bird

187. Hot

188. Cold

189. Hat tinman

190. Red

191. Blue

192. White

193. Ball

194. Back

195. Sleeping

196. Spongbob

197. Hairbrush

198. Toothbrush

199. Phone

200. Shirt

201. Pants

202. Shoes

203. Socks

204. Peek-a-boo

205. Butterfly

206. Bear

207. Heavy

208. Buckle

209. Tipy Toes

210. Chicken

211. Meat

212. Meow

213. Sssss

214. Roar

215. Cock-a-doodle-do

216. Baa

217. Quack

218. Buzz

219. Woof

220. Moo

221. Oo-Oo (monkey)

222. Neigh

223. Cow

224. Balloons

225. Holly

226. JD

227. Livvy

228. Vince

229. Rachel

230. Carson

231. Cody

232. Danny

233. Janneke

234. Dum Dum

235. Hop on Pop

236. Shiny

237. Bump

238. Ice Cream

239. Whipped Cream

240. Cookie

241. Vitamins

242. Don’t cha know

243. Muffin Man

244. Tin man

245. Bumble

246. Eee-I, Eee-I, Ooo

247. Star

248. Puzzle

249. Letters

250. No

251. Grass

252. Catch


Other fun facts about the P-man right now:

  • He LOVES music and loves to sing along
  • He will do hand motions to songs as well
  • He is really good a reading along to his favorite book and fills in the blank
  • He love, love, LOVES to play outside!!
  • He loves to give Thumbs up, high fives, and to "pound it"
  • He Loves to use a fork
  • He has Hawk Eyes! He can spot balloons, basketballs, elmo, mickey mouse, birds, etc from a mile away! Seriously I used to think he was just naming thing incorrectly, but eventually I would spot whatever he said.
  • Nods his head Yes and No
  • He LOVES to do puzzles and masters everyone I get him the day I bring it home.
  • Can say along the 5 little piggies which is too cute!
  • Is learning his shapes, colors, numbers, and letters and already knows so many!
  • Enjoys watching Seseame Beginnings which he calls "Elmo"
  • And when you tickle him . . . if you stop even for a second he say "Again" while laughing hysterically.
I love this little guy to pieces!

He is so much fun! Amidst the daily tantrums, these highlights totally make up for any unpleasant moment. I really should post some more videos so you can see his personality because it is seriously the best!

And I really do think he is SOOOO smart! If he keeps up the pace he is on I dont think I will be able to help him with HW when he gets to 5th grade! Good thing he has a super smart daddy! :)

Comments

Janthony said…
He does sound like a smarty! Hope you're saving for his college tuition! :)

Also, I can't believe you really wrote down and then retyped 252 things Parker can say.
Uh oh. You are in for some noisy few years. ;-) I have a friend whose daughter started speaking very early and she never stops now. It makes them seem so much older when they are so good with words at such a young age! Go Parker!
Wow! I just so impressed you actually have a 252 word list. I'm probably going to be a super lame mom because I don't know if I'll be able to keep track of that like you did. That's amazing. Are you going to keep adding to the list?
Rachel said…
He is a smarty pants. And you are an awesome mom to record his smarty pants abilities! :)
Janneke said…
awww.. i Miss him! I miss all you guys. I wonder if he can still say Carson - i heard that he still says Vince! too funny. can't wait to see some video.

Popular posts from this blog

What to pack . . .

So now that he really could come ANY DAY I figured it was probably time for me to pack my bag. I of course have one of those "What to bring" checklist, but I was wondering what your thoughts where. Is there anything you wish you had brought but didn't? Is there anything you would have died without if you hadn't brought it? I'm just so clueless! A few tips from you experienced mothers would be greatly appreciated!! I cant believe it is so close!!

Have you noticed?

I need a haircut ASAP! This is me saying, "I'll smile if you ignore my hair." Don't get me wrong, I am really excited I have long hair, I love having long hair , but it needs a little TLC. It has been a few months since I have even got a trim and I am still re-couping from a not so good hair cut. The last few times I have really CUT my hair, not just a trim, I was not pleased with the results. Now it would probably help if I was willing to pay more than $10 for a hair cut . . . but I'm Mrs. High Pockets as my father calls me and it is really hard for me to spend money on my hair. So I need your help! What do you think I should do? Before you make any suggestions you should know: It MUST be able to go back into a ponytail!!!!!!! My hair is STICK STRAIGHT My hair will not curl to save my life (via over night curls, hot curls, even curling irons, they just don't work) I want and need something EASY! I do not like to spend time on my hair and I don...

No Use Crying Over Spilled Milk . . .

So being an emotional pregnant woman is definitely taking its tole on both me and Jeff (what a wonderful, patient, and understanding man he is). Saturday morning I was so excited because for the first time in weeks we actually had a morning together. I had planned to make us a delicious breakfast just like my dad always did for me. We had Eggs, Hashbrowns, and even Bacon; we were so excited. So I started cooking the bacon first, knowing it would take the longest. Then when I thought they were close to being done, Jeff started cooking the eggs and I threw on the hashbrowns. Well, needless to say, the eggs finished super fast and the others were not even close. And then to add more to my frustration the pan I was using for the hashbrowns was awful! Despite my many tablespoons of butter the entire thing was completely stuck! I switched pans in the middle to try to save them. In the meantime Jeff ate his eggs so they wouldn't get cold. I insisted on waiting so I could eat th...