Skip to main content

This Thing Called Life

Well, now that I know you are still out there reading and still care about my ramblings I am a little more motivated to blog, so thanks!

Life is good; correction . . . life is great! Although on a daily basis I feel like I am going crazy and not going to make it to the end of the day, I do make it and get into bed and am still able to think "Today was a good day." Things are finally starting to seem more real to me. For a while it just seemed like we were on an extended vacation which was nice, but to be honest we all know that gets old and you just want to get home. We have finally settled in and feel at home here at my in-laws. For those of you who don't know, it really is a great set up, we basically have the entire back of the house to ourselves. The kids have their own room and we have the old master bedroom which is so nice. Everyone works full time except for me so I have the house to myself from about 7 am to 5 pm which I love and hate at the same time. If you really know me you probably know that I don't really enjoy being by myself and as a result usually end up at my folks everyday. It is so nice having family so close and Parker LOVES it! I'll tell you, Grandpa P is his favorite guy in the whole world! And I think P is Grandpa's favorite too. :)

It wasn't until about last week that I finally felt at home. I'm starting to make some friends, got a calling (YWs 2 counselor), walking everyday with a friend, going to playgroups etc. These little things have helped SOOOO much! Instead of just feeling like I need to make it through another day I am enjoying each day. It is nice to have something to really look forward to each day, even if it is just a walk or music time for the P-man.

So far Jeff is loving his job, and apparently he is really good at it too. He keeps finishing the jobs fast and has to ask for more work. It is good because more people are getting to know him and seeing his work. I'm doing better adjusting with him being gone, although it was quite a whack to the face at first. Especially when I didn't hear from him at all. I talked with him about it and now I get little texts throughout the day and I am amazed at how much a simple text can give me the push I need to finish the day. I have found that keeping myself busy is what helps the most and it really helps the time pass.

As for the kiddos . . . that will be another post. Way to much to say and way to many pictures to post. For know just know that the P-man is talking up a storm! Seriously he talks more than most 2 year olds I know. I keep meaning to write down all the words he can say, but there are so many I don't know where to begin. And Em, well she is just doing her baby thing and is either laughing or crying, there is no in-between with this little girl. But like I said, I'll do another post about them later.

So just know that life right now, although hard, is great. I have so much to be grateful for!

Comments

I'm glad you feel at home :) I know how difficult it is to go from life as a student to life as a stay at home mom/wife. It takes a bit to get used to it. I've found that having something to do each day helps a lot. My daughter loves having an activity to do each day. Sometimes it's something for her (library, park, play date), other times it's for me (groceries, errands), but in the end, knowing that I have something to get done gives me the push to get up and get ready, and get the day started. Yes, some days are not terribly exciting, but it's amazing how getting out of the house for even 30 minutes can do to your mental health!

You're a great mom Becca, and more than anything, you are an awesome young lady. And let's face it, your kiddos are adorable. So, in Prez Monson's words, "Enjoy the journey" :)
April J. said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
April J. said…
Since you are here...anytime you want to get together and sew something...or craft anything, let me know.

Now I will just hope that you stay in the ward!
Oriah said…
We miss you here! I know you really wish you were signed up to work Rocky Mountain Band Day next week... I'm glad to see that you are doing well!
Sarah said…
So glad to know you are doing so well! You are officially in the real world now. Tear. Can't say we don't miss you over here though. We watched Newsies last night at FHE with the Marquez and the Wilsons and made me sad you guys weren't there. I'm so happy you have such a great situation in Cali though. We might have to stop by and visit before we make the trek to Florida!
heather said…
Oh it's good to hear your voice again Bec. Even if it is through a blog post. :) Love and miss you!
Janneke said…
I echo Sarah's sentiments - we miss you tons! I brought up the fact that we should plan pumpkin carving into the month and a visit to a corn maze and I thought about how much fun we've had with traditions over the years. I'm sad that they won't be with you! But I'm glad you guys are doing well and it sounds like it works out great that you live with Jeff's parents and see them in the evenings but have an excuse to go spend the days with your parents. :) Can't wait to video chat sometime again soon. Sending love!
Amanda Duke said…
Isn't it so nice having family close by!? My in-laws just moved 2 houses down from us and the boys love going to see mama and papa every day. I'm home almost every day all day by myself too so I know how hard it can be at times. I've finally started going to things like story time at the library and just getting out of the house for a little bit every day really seems to help. I'm glad you are enjoying your new place!
Katrina said…
Glad everythign is going so well and you are getting to fit in and feel at home again! :) I'm sure it's been wonderful being close to family again! Your kids are getting so big! :) I love your header picture...i'm sure I've told you that before but I can't get over it! I tried so hard to get a picture like that of Kamryn and Kyler when Kyler was littler, but it never turned out very well... :( Oh well! Glad yours did! :)

Thanks for blogging! I totally totally know what it is like to not have any time to blog...always behind on everything! :) :( oh well. that's what it's like with 2 kids...huh?! :)
What a fantastic picture! You are gorgeous! And what little cuties you have. I'm glad that things are going better. I often worry about moving and trying to make new friends. I don't know how you do it with two kids!

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...