Skip to main content

Two-dollar Tuesdays

So we had a HUGE "Things to do before we leave Utah" list and unfortunately we were not able to do them all. Note to self, waiting to the last month before you go and having a new born to boot doesn't really help check things off the list. ANYWAY, one of the things on there was to go do the fun stuff at Thanksgiving Point. We especially wanted to go to the Dinosaur Museum but knew that it would be kind of costly. We we found out one day that during the month of August they do Two Dollar Tuesdays for each attraction. SWEET! So we called up our friends and had a great time at the wonderful cost of $2! I love it!

Farm Fun!
Did you know that one of my life goals was to milk a cow . . . CHECK! Don't I look like a natural. :) We walked into the entrance and Janneke casually says "O they are milking a cow right now." SAY WHAT!! I got so excited, I'm sure my face just lit up. Jeff told me to go get in line and so I did and I was seriously as giddy as a little school boy. Now mind you, I was in line with 5 year olds which seemed almost as excited as I was. I felt kinda silly, being that I'm not 5 years old, but I wanted to do it SOOOOOO badly. LOL. So I did and it was wonderful! I wish I could have don't it a little longer, but I didn't want to make all the little kids behind me wait. Seriously one of the highlights of my summer. :) The rest of the farm was pretty fun too. The other highlight was the P-man getting to ride the pony. He was so cute and loved it! Seriously, he was like an old pro and didn't even hold on really and certainly didn't want me helping. P loved seeing the animals and just getting to run around. I'm so glad we went!

Dinosaur Museum
We of course went to see the Dino's as Parker calls them. It was so fun. It really was a great museum and very very kid friendly. I think it would have been better if not every playgroup in Utah county was there the same day we were, but I guess that was to be expected for only $2. Em was a champ the whole time too. One time I peeked in to see how she was doing and she gave me a nice big grin! What a sweetie. Parker especially loved the Great White Shark. We all enjoyed it and I'm so glad we made a trip out there.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The dinosaur musuem is fun!

my new blogs...just fyi

gangsterpixie.wordpress.com
gangsterpixiestyle.wordpress.com
When I lived there me and a few friends did Thanksgiving point and it was tons of fun. I didn't get to milk a cow.. which would have been awesome but it was a good time.
Never go to the Dinos- I always did want to go too- maybe on one of our trips to see fam sometime- cool to see a few things in there tho! =)
Janneke said…
LOL!!! Yes, you were a giddy little kid when you found out they were milking a cow, AND that you got to milk it. I think that was so funny. Definitely something to remember. Thanks for always suggesting fun things to do!

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...