A little late but . . .
We Went To Disneyland!
So you may or may not know that we went to Disneyland back in July. It was so much fun! As we were planning the trip I was really worried about how it would be taking 2 babies there, in my mind they were way too young to do anything there but boy was I wrong! All of us had a great time and we all went on tons of rides, even Emily! Here is a list of all the rides we went on: (The bold ones were P's very favorites)
- Disneyland Railroad Train
- Enchanted Tiki Room
- The Jungle Cruise
- Tarzan's Tree House
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Haunted Mansion
- Winnie the Pooh
- It's a Small World
- Story Book Land canal boats
- King Aurthur's Carousel
- Dumbo
- Mad Tea Party Tea Cups
- Peter Pan
- Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
- Pinocchio
- Finding Nemo Submarine
- Autopia (Cars)
Did you know babies could do this much! I sure didn't! I even nursed during 4 of the above mentioned rides which was so nice and saved tons of time! They both did so well on all of the rides! I had nightmares that they one or both would be screaming through a ride bugging everyone in ears distance but that didn't even happen once. P wasn't scared of anything, not even Pirates, he is such a champ! We did take turns going on a few big people rides as well (Indiana Jones & Big Thunder Mountain). The first night we took the kids back to the hotel for bed and my parents stayed with them while Jeff and I went off and did the Big Kid rides (Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain 2X, and the Matterhorn). It was especially nice because that was really our first "date" if you will since Em was born. It was fun and we felt like kids again and reminisced about how the last time we were there was when we were Juniors in High School. We were best buds and liked each other but we were still in the "friends zone," haha. Good times though!
Anyway, the whole trip was awesome! We were especially lucky because we got a wheel chair for my mom, quite against her will I must add, but that basically meant we got to skip all the lines which was such a blessing! I cant imagine the trip going as well as it did if we would have had to keep P entertained though an entire line. It was so family/baby friendly and I guess I should have known that, it was made for families but I really thought it was going to be more trouble then anything. I'm so grateful my parents wanted to do it and made it happen. What a great trip!
A few comments on the pictures that might interest you . . .
- Yes P did stick his head all the way through the bars and yes it did get stuck! One of my saddest things to witness. Luckily a worker was right there when it happened and helped me get it out fast.
- Please ignore my AWESOME apparel as I looked like a silly fool all day "wearing" Emily. I am apparently willing to look awful for the sake of my children and simplicity.
- And for that top center picture if you look closely you can see me and Jeff on there. We were riding big thunder while my parents watched the sleeping kids in the strollers and I thought wouldn't it be cool if my parents saw us. Just then we got their attention and my dad busted out the camera, held it high in the air and snapped this picture without even looking. It was so perfect and came out great! I was going to zoom in on it for the collage, but I'm still getting used to picasa. Anyway, trust me, we are there with big grins on our faces. :) (I think if you click on the collage the whole thing will get a little bigger)
Overall, Awesome Trip! I would totally do it again, even with 2 month and 17 month old children!
Comments
I'm so glad you posted! What cute pictures!