Skip to main content

Cornmaze: A Child's Dream Playground

Last weekend we headed out Livermore to hit up G & M Farms for their corn maze.


I wish I would have copped this picture, because I don't think his smile could get any bigger.
Seriously, if you have young kids, you should take them to a corn maze.  Running around in a maze with mud and dirt... my kids LOVED IT!  Especially P.  When we came to a fork in the road he would say, "Which way should we go?  This way!"  or "You go this way, I'll go that way. Ready GO!"  HE LOVED IT!  Em mostly loved picking up dirt chunks and throwing them, hence her extremely filthy face in these pictures.

This particular maze was HUGE!


And that it just the view in one direction.  We were probably in the maze about an hour.  It could have been shorter, but they were happy so I let them stay in as long as they wanted.  Em got tired so we carried her for a lot of it, but P literally rand the entire time. 
Toward the end we finally convinced them to see what other cool stuff they had.  And when we saw the exit sing they cheered.  We had snacks and then headed over to check out the rest of the goods.  

One of the best things of the day was having Daddy with us!


The kids also loved:
The Pumpkin Patch
The Corn Pit
The Playground
The Fun Fact Boards
The Animals
The Cow Train
The Hay Bail Maze


I was really impressed with how great the kids did this day.  The farm was CRAZY CROWDED this year.  They did a great job of listening which meant we were all much happier.  They really loved the corn pit.  It was basically just like a jumbo sand pit but was filled with hard corn kernels instead of sand.  They probably played in it a good 30 minutes.  P did especially well at the playground.  It was filled with lots of bigger kids that were not very good at sharing and he waited so patiently for the things he wanted to do, I was so proud.  Jeff took P on the cow train this year.  I tried to tell him how awesome it was last year but he had to experience it to believe it.  He and P raved about it all day.  Em and I went on a search for a perfect pumpkin (which we didn't buy) while they rode.


Overall, super awesome day.  It is a little bit of a drive, but SO WORTH IT!  All the activities are free except the cow train and corn maze.  Our kids love it, hence coming here two years in a row.  But really, I highly recommend it.  Maybe next year we can bring some friends with us.   :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to pack . . .

So now that he really could come ANY DAY I figured it was probably time for me to pack my bag. I of course have one of those "What to bring" checklist, but I was wondering what your thoughts where. Is there anything you wish you had brought but didn't? Is there anything you would have died without if you hadn't brought it? I'm just so clueless! A few tips from you experienced mothers would be greatly appreciated!! I cant believe it is so close!!

Have you noticed?

I need a haircut ASAP! This is me saying, "I'll smile if you ignore my hair." Don't get me wrong, I am really excited I have long hair, I love having long hair , but it needs a little TLC. It has been a few months since I have even got a trim and I am still re-couping from a not so good hair cut. The last few times I have really CUT my hair, not just a trim, I was not pleased with the results. Now it would probably help if I was willing to pay more than $10 for a hair cut . . . but I'm Mrs. High Pockets as my father calls me and it is really hard for me to spend money on my hair. So I need your help! What do you think I should do? Before you make any suggestions you should know: It MUST be able to go back into a ponytail!!!!!!! My hair is STICK STRAIGHT My hair will not curl to save my life (via over night curls, hot curls, even curling irons, they just don't work) I want and need something EASY! I do not like to spend time on my hair and I don...

No Use Crying Over Spilled Milk . . .

So being an emotional pregnant woman is definitely taking its tole on both me and Jeff (what a wonderful, patient, and understanding man he is). Saturday morning I was so excited because for the first time in weeks we actually had a morning together. I had planned to make us a delicious breakfast just like my dad always did for me. We had Eggs, Hashbrowns, and even Bacon; we were so excited. So I started cooking the bacon first, knowing it would take the longest. Then when I thought they were close to being done, Jeff started cooking the eggs and I threw on the hashbrowns. Well, needless to say, the eggs finished super fast and the others were not even close. And then to add more to my frustration the pan I was using for the hashbrowns was awful! Despite my many tablespoons of butter the entire thing was completely stuck! I switched pans in the middle to try to save them. In the meantime Jeff ate his eggs so they wouldn't get cold. I insisted on waiting so I could eat th...