A few weeks ago one of my best friends from High School was having a bridal shower in Sacramento. Since Jeff has been so busy lately I thought it would be fun to turn it into a fun family outing rather then just me driving there for a couple of hours and then driving back. On the way out we stopped in Vacaville at
The Nut Tree. We first had lunch at
Fentons which was fabulous as always. Then we walked across the parking lot to this awesome little family fun place. We mainly went to ride the train and carousel but there was lots of other fun stuff to do too: life size Chess, Jumbo Rocking horses, Marry-go-round, and some silly photo ops. We had a great time checking everything out.
 |
| Check mate |
 |
| Riding the Train |
 |
| Playing Chess with pieces bigger then Em |
 |
| Riding the rocking horses. |
 |
| I seriously didn't think these existed anymore. |
 |
| The kids LOVED i |
After all the fun we hopped back in the car and finished the drive to Sacramento. Once we got there we found a few things amusing. The house we went to had the street number of 5. This is house it was displayed.
 |
| I don't know why, but it really cracked us up. |
Then we also passed what our town calls "Traffic calming bumps" Sacramento calls them "Speed Humps" and "Undulations" which we also thought was amusing.
I headed into the bridal shower while Jeff took the kids to some neighboring parks. I think I had more fun then Jeff though. He unfortunately had some literally poopy experiences with the kids while I was laughing and catching up with old friends. By the time he picked me up both kids were sleeping and we headed back home. We decided to have one last adventure at the
Vacaville Premium Outlets on the way home. Jeff picked up a new dress shirt and I got a skirt. Nothing too exciting, just enjoyed walking around and being together as a family.
It was a great family day. I'm just glad we had the chance to all be together. It was much more fun then me making that trip by myself.
And here is a picture of me and the beautiful bride about a month after the shower. I love this girl and I am so excited for her! Married life is the best! Congrats Jen! Thanks for letting me be a part of your special day!
Comments