I found some un-opened contact paper, the kind that you use to line drawers and cabinets with. Even though they were purchased 2 years ago I decided I'd give returning them a shot. I got them at Ace Hardware and there was one right next to where we had music time today. So after music time we headed over. Parker is really into tools lately, and as a result Em is too, so the kids really liked being in that store.
I went up and asked if I could return them without a receipt and they said no prob. They looked up my rewards card and found one of the purchases but couldn't find the other. Trying not to be any more difficult I said that one was better than none and was happy to take the other item back. But the worker was super kind and said that it was indeed their product so if I could find something in the store that I could exchange that would work. I was so excited. There wasn't anything on the top of my brain that I needed but I was sure I could find something for $5.00.
So we wondered the aisle which the kids loved. We walked around pointing out tools and talked about what sounds they make what they are used for, the kids seriously loved it and were sad when I walked too fast. It is most likely because of this book:
I went up and asked if I could return them without a receipt and they said no prob. They looked up my rewards card and found one of the purchases but couldn't find the other. Trying not to be any more difficult I said that one was better than none and was happy to take the other item back. But the worker was super kind and said that it was indeed their product so if I could find something in the store that I could exchange that would work. I was so excited. There wasn't anything on the top of my brain that I needed but I was sure I could find something for $5.00.
So we wondered the aisle which the kids loved. We walked around pointing out tools and talked about what sounds they make what they are used for, the kids seriously loved it and were sad when I walked too fast. It is most likely because of this book:
Parker LOVES this book. We checked it out probably about a year ago. He memorized it right away. I kept it as long as the library would let me and probably renewed it 3 times. We then checked out every other book by this author which he probably loved just as much. Anyway, last time I had school I was letter T so I did T for tools one day so we once again have this book and all the tools are fresh in their heads.
Anyway, I'll have to take field trips to the tool store more often. :) As I wandered I found sand paper which reminded me that I just used up my last piece and needed more. And then I found a shammy in the next aisle which I have been meaning to get for a long time. We brought our goods to the counter, did the swap and still got $1.74 back. There is a Dairy Queen next door so I thought I'd treat the kids to a small ice cream. Not know their menu I just walked in and asked if I could get a small Ice Cream for $1.50. He smiled and said sure. He rang up a $2 ice cream and said he would cover the rest. I felt bad and asked if he was sure that was OK and he seemed pleased to do it. I obviously gave him the extra 24 cents in my pocket and he gave us a small cone.
The kids were in heaven of course. And I was quite pleased too. Thanks to my closet purge we got rid of 2 things that have been sitting in there for two years and in exchange received:
Pack of Sand paper
Shammy
Ice cream cone
And on a side note, the hubs has been home for dinner 3 times in the past week. I actually cooked dinner and was reminded of a few things.
1) I do actually like to cook when I have someone to enjoy the food with.
2) I am a good cook. When I actually choose to cook it comes out good.
3) I LOVE FOOD. I have been eating pb&js so much lately I forgot how amazing real food is.
Things are just going really well right now. I'm one happy lady. :)

Comments