So there is this awesome company called House Party. They help companies advertise various products by getting people to host a house party which showcases the product. I heard about them through some friends who hosted a few parties and invited me to attend. It was fun to go to and we got little goodies and coupons for attending. When I got home I looked into it and decided to sign up. I like throwing parties and it is 100% free so why not. I applied to host a few parties over the past few years but the only one I got last year was a Pull-ups Potty Party. It came at a good time, right when I was potty training Parker and we had a pretty good turn out. So I decided to apply for some more.
I forgot about it for a while, but got an email from them about a Fisher-Price party that was coming up and they thought I might be interested. I indeed was interested and applied ASAP. A few weeks later I got an email saying I got it! I was so excited because I knew this one would not only be a ton of fun for the kids, but that it would come with an AWESOME party pack! So I sent out some invites and got the party planning going. Then a few weeks later this came in the mail.
It came in a 60 lb box. When I opened it I was shocked at how much was in there! It seriously reminded me of Marry Poppins bag that just keeps popping things out. The party pack was specifically for Boys ages 3-8 but Em was just as excited as P. Her favorite was "The Big BIG Ogre." Me and the kids checked out the toys for a little while but I made them keep them in the boxes for now. Then I hid them away until it got a little closer to the party.
2 days before the party we took everything out of the boxes and played. We needed to make sure we knew how everything worked so we could show the toys off to our friends when they came to the party. The kids had a blast and so did I. These toys are seriously awesome!
P is really into racing cars so the Rev'N'Go was especially loved by him. But the Castle and all of it's accessories is pretty amazing. They even though they all come separately they are some how connected. For instance if the dragon comes near the castle, the men in the castle say, "Watch out! It's the dragon, don't be dinner!" Or if you shoot the cannon is says, "We're under attack!" It does a lot more too. I was really impressed with it. And I am excited because it is a toy that will really grow with P as his imagination really starts going. Not to mention his daddy really loves playing with it with him. :)
The Party was fun. We had about 20 guests kids included. The kids loved the toys. And as they played we kept discovering more things the toys could do. We ate food, laughed and played.
The coolest thing about this party pack was that we didn't just get the toys for the party, we get to KEEP THEM! Seriously awesome! However, according to the kids we had to give them back. They got to keep a few small things as a thank you for hosting and doing so good at sharing with their friends. As for the rest of the toys they are hiding away in our spare room until Santa brings them back. We lucked out on gifts this year!
Thank you House Party! We can't wait to host again! If you like getting free stuff and like throwing parties then I highly recommend you sign up. It is so worth it! They have a wide variety of products, anything from pull-ups to board games, or Philadelphia Cream Cheese to Rice Krispies. I'm really hoping to host the Shutterfly one that is coming up soon. Anyway, you should come play with our new toys! After Christmas that is. :)





Comments