Skip to main content

Thanksgiving With Friends

Well, as I mentioned before we had a very nice Thanksgiving.  Spent the day at my family and then the evening with Jeff's.  It was really nice.  Black Friday.... I honestly do not recall at all.  That must mean we didn't go shopping.  HAHA.  Just a fun day with the 4 of us.  The Saturday after Thanksgiving we got together with some of our best friends from school.  They had come out to visit some family and decided to spend their last day with us.  :)  We started the morning taking family pictures, which I'll post soon, courtesy of this very friend.  We then were trying to decide what to do.  I knew we would be fine just hanging out, but I really wanted to get out and do something so we decided to head out to the Oakland Temple and see the lighting ceremony.


They happened to be testing the lights right when we got there so we were able to sneak in a couple of shots before all the massive amounts of people came out of the performance. 


Carson was such a gentleman to Emily.  It was adorable! 


We even snuck in to see a few of the performances.  It was especially fun watching my dad sing.  The kids got pretty wrestles though so after a few numbers we decided to head back outside and let the kids wonder.  They found some squares in the courtyard and had a blast running in circles... or squares i guess... for at least 20 minutes.  Then we found grandpa, said hi and watched them sing a few more carols and turn on the lights.  Overall it was a really fun night.  I'm so glad we went!

 We didn't have much time to play the next morning.  We had to get ready for church and they had to get ready for a long drive back to Utah.  We enjoyed some breakfast together and the kids still had some time to play around.
 So glad our kids are such good friends!

And so glad we are still such good friends despite the distance!


We love you Marquez Family!  Thanks for making time for us during your short visit out west.  We Love you and look forward to getting together again soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to pack . . .

So now that he really could come ANY DAY I figured it was probably time for me to pack my bag. I of course have one of those "What to bring" checklist, but I was wondering what your thoughts where. Is there anything you wish you had brought but didn't? Is there anything you would have died without if you hadn't brought it? I'm just so clueless! A few tips from you experienced mothers would be greatly appreciated!! I cant believe it is so close!!

Have you noticed?

I need a haircut ASAP! This is me saying, "I'll smile if you ignore my hair." Don't get me wrong, I am really excited I have long hair, I love having long hair , but it needs a little TLC. It has been a few months since I have even got a trim and I am still re-couping from a not so good hair cut. The last few times I have really CUT my hair, not just a trim, I was not pleased with the results. Now it would probably help if I was willing to pay more than $10 for a hair cut . . . but I'm Mrs. High Pockets as my father calls me and it is really hard for me to spend money on my hair. So I need your help! What do you think I should do? Before you make any suggestions you should know: It MUST be able to go back into a ponytail!!!!!!! My hair is STICK STRAIGHT My hair will not curl to save my life (via over night curls, hot curls, even curling irons, they just don't work) I want and need something EASY! I do not like to spend time on my hair and I don...

No Use Crying Over Spilled Milk . . .

So being an emotional pregnant woman is definitely taking its tole on both me and Jeff (what a wonderful, patient, and understanding man he is). Saturday morning I was so excited because for the first time in weeks we actually had a morning together. I had planned to make us a delicious breakfast just like my dad always did for me. We had Eggs, Hashbrowns, and even Bacon; we were so excited. So I started cooking the bacon first, knowing it would take the longest. Then when I thought they were close to being done, Jeff started cooking the eggs and I threw on the hashbrowns. Well, needless to say, the eggs finished super fast and the others were not even close. And then to add more to my frustration the pan I was using for the hashbrowns was awful! Despite my many tablespoons of butter the entire thing was completely stuck! I switched pans in the middle to try to save them. In the meantime Jeff ate his eggs so they wouldn't get cold. I insisted on waiting so I could eat th...