Well, as you might have remembered, our computer has been on the fritz this past month, as well as my camera. As a result I have been horrible about documenting what we have been up to lately so here is a quick recap of some things I did get shots of this December.
We moved preschool to Pump it Up for a day. It was a blast. The kids loved it so much and they don't charge for adults which was an added bonus! We will certainly be going back there again soon!
![]() |
| We adults had fun too, here we are ready to slide! |
I made these Nativity Blocks when I was pregnant with Parker. Best. Thing. Ever! My kids LOVE them. We sang the nativity song a lot (from the primary songbook) which just might be my favorite Christmas song. It taught the kids about all the different aspects of the nativity and they loved putting it together as we sang it. So fun to see them learn and understand the true meaning of Christmas. But the other awesome thing about these blocks is that they are still blocks and the kids can build and stack and knock them down however then want. I love them!
The kids did awesome with Santa this year. Maybe it is because we sat on I think 4 different Santa's laps. I love how excited the kids got, how well behaved they were around him, and how eager they were to tell Santa what they wanted. My favorite response came from Em when she asked for a baby brother (this was before we told them we were going to have a baby). So sweet!
The kids were so excited about Christmas this year which made it SO MUCH MORE FUN! A few times they got a little too caught up in the receiving aspect so we did a few things this year to show them how fun it is to give. We made crafts for all our grandma's, grandpa's, great-grandparents, and aunt and uncles. They had so much fun making them and LOVED giving them to the respective people. We also picked 2 friends to give a gift to. I let them go to the store and each pick one thing out to give. Then we wrapped them and delivered them. They did so great and had so much fun doing it. I really wanted to do plates of cookies and have them deliver them to all our friends, but that just didn't happen this year. But overall, I think they got the idea of the true meaning of Christmas.
![]() |
| Em had more fun eating the crafts rather than making them. And yes, she is pretty much always naked from the second we walk in the door she takes off her clothes. Choose your battles right? |
One of our good friends told us about this awesome Christmas land in Tildon Park so we decided to go check it out. It was completely decked out in lights, Santa was there, and we even rode the carousel. It was pretty fun. Quite a long drive, but the kids really liked it.
I feel like a lot more happened too, but this was all I caught on camera. Pretty lame right? But Jeff got me a new camera for Christmas which mean lots more pictures for the new year! WOO HOO!
I hope you too had a December to Remember and that you had a very Merry Christmas!
Happy New Year!









Comments