how manipulative this little girl is.
Seriously... don't let her cuteness and innocent face fool you.
This girl knows what she wants and knows how to get it.
Let me tell you a little story.
This took place this morning and I just do not want to forget it so I thought I'd share it.
So as you probably know, Jeff has been working crazy hours which also means I have been working crazy hours. The kids were sick this week, which made it extra challenging and then I woke up yesterday with the start of a cold as well. Today I felt even worse, so despite the fact the the hubs was tired too, he got up with the kids to try and let me rest a little (sure do love that man!). After they were up for a little and eating breakfast, Em comes back to my room begging to come in. I'm still wide awake at this point and wouldn't mind her entering, but Jeff was trying so hard to give me some rest time. He tried to get her to come out and play with him and eat with him or anything else that she would be willing to do, but she just sat at the door begging to come in. Water works and all.
Then I hear this through her pouting little voice:
"Jesus said love everyone..... treat them kindly too. When your heart is filled with love .... others will love you."
(all this was sung/said in a crying voice and the ... mean pause for tears and dramatic gasps).
It literally made me laugh out loud and touched my heart at the same time. After I stopped laughing, I walked over to the door and opened it to see her little pouting face in all it's glory staring up at me. Needless to say, I gave her a hug and invited her to come lay down with me.
O how I love this girl. She cracks me up and drives me to drink (milkshakes that is) all at the same time. I honestly could not imagine life without her. Her spunk, her sass, her silliness... I love it all. I wish I would remember to write down more of her sneaky little ways, but this one was just too good/sweet/funny to pass up.
Hope you have a great week!




Comments