Since P's birthday fell on a Sunday we decided to do his friends party another day. The original plan was to do it the day before but we ended up going to Disney on Ice that day & attending a baptism that night so we pushed it back a week.
Despite all my grand plans (thanks to Pinterest), the party ended up being pretty low key. Since we decided on a Saturday and Saturdays are pretty much sacred family time for me (since it is the only day daddy gets to play) I opted for an family friendly party. We did it at a local park that is kind of hidden and no one is ever there. I asked P which of his friends he wanted to invite and then sent a message (I know, so high class) to the parents about the party inviting the whole fam. We had a great turn out and as far as I could tell everyone had a blast.
The Food
I didn't want to deal with plates and cups so it was just finger foods for this party.
A veggie tray, individual fruit pizzas, chips, Capri Suns, bottled water, and cup cakes.
It was so easy to do, set up, eat, & clean up, I think I'll be doing something similar again!
The Games
Even though we did the party at a park, and the kids were plenty entertained, you just can't throw a kids birthday party and not do any games. Since P really wanted a Spiderman birthday I did a little research and found a few fun games that we could easily do at the park.
- Spider Walk Race
- Spider Web fight (using silly string)
- Catch a fly in the spider web
The games were a hit, for everyone except Parker that is. The poor kid was just out of it the whole day. Before any of our friends even got to the park he had melt down after melt down. Well, they continued throughout the party. Poor guy. I guess the saying is still true, "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to!" He did still have a great time, just intermixed with spouts of not so great moments.
The Guests
We had 5 families come which all together meant we had 15 kids there. We are so blessed to have such great friends around us. Both grown ups and kids. :)
This little party was a great ending to the P-mans Birthday Week.
Happy Birthday little man! I still cannot believe you are 4 years old!
Love you!!



Comments