It is hard to believe it, but it is true!
We had our big ultrasound the day after P's birthday.
It was awesome as ultrasounds usual are.
I was a little apprehensive for it this time just because up until the ultrasound it is easy to think that all is going fine and dandy, but you really don't know until you look.
And I'm happy to announce that
It's a....
HEALTHY BABY!
(Is that little profile adorable or what!)
(They were waving for the camera and our tech typed in "Hi Parker & Emily.")
The kids loved it!
I'm happy to report that the baby is growing right on track! And despite the fact that the tech spent at least 10 minutes looking at the heart alone and then wouldn't tell me anything, everything is looking good. All the necessary anatomy and organs were there and the heart was strong. That is all an expecting mother could hope for!
The baby was super active during the ultrasound which made it a little tricky for the tech, but we were still able to see some adorable things. It is so weird to feel and see the movement at the same time. A few of my favorite moments were seeing their adorable little legs crossed. It reminded me of Parker's ultrasound found here. But the little profile we got reminded me of Emily's ultrasound found here. I also love when they look at the spine and I'm sad we didn't get to keep a shot of that, but it looks so awesome on screen!
When they went down to measure the femurs I stood true to my word and looked away. I really am excited for this baby to be a SURPRISE! Some people think it is crazy others think it is awesome. I've always wanted to do it and now since we have one of each it seems like the perfect timing. I think my mind is playing tricks on me because this pregnancy seems so similar to the other two that I can't even lean one way or the other on the gender. This also makes it so fun! Jeff is a little bummed, but we made a deal. :)
I think once I get a little bigger maybe we will be able to tell just because I carried the two so very differently, especially toward the end.
Just for fun, here is the 20 Week Comparison Picture.
Kinda hard to tell at this point, but fun to compare.
Overall I am still feeling great. I still have more energy then the first trimester, but I feel like I have less then the previous pregnancies. I'm always hungry but never want to prepare food. But really, overall feeling good and excited to be halfway!
And because I can't resist here are my silly pictures for the week. My favorite is when I was trying to suck the belly in, I was shocked it actually made a difference. haha!
Happy 20 weeks!
Any gender guesses this early on? I really am clueless!






Comments