Skip to main content

Love Day

Now that almost a month has passed I guess it is time to post about our Valentine's Day.

Holidays with kids are so much fun!
It makes everything better.
This year I really wanted the kids to feel the love.

Here is what they woke up to.  In the mailboxes there were a few more goodies and love notes from mom and dad.

 They also got these awesome balloons which they LOVED!
They got to go to Preschool on Valentines day and had a super fun day there.  They made me cute crafts that said how much they loved me.  They even potted some flowers and gave them to me.  The best part was how they came running out to me saying,"Look Mom!  I made this for you because I love you!" So sweet!

After school we met some friends at the park and exchanged valentines.  The kids had fun playing while the adults had fun chatting.  We still had lots of oranges from my parent's tree so we gave those out with a note that said, "Orange you glad we're friends."

The next day we also had another little valentines party with our pals from our joy school.  It was so fun.  She had some great activities planned and some yummy food.  It was great!

Busy season makes Valentines Day a little rough.  Late nights + all alone... not my idea of a perfect Valentines.  But I still wanted to try to make Jeff's day special and make sure he knows how much I love him.  I woke up early, made cinnamon rolls (his favorite) and then hid post-it notes with cheesy messages all over his stuff and the house.

Here are some of the ones he found before he left for work.

Wrote this on the bathroom mirror while he was getting ready for work.

Jeff didn't get home too late on V-day... probably before 10.  
And he brought these beauties home with him...
They weren't for me.
HAHA!
They were sent to his office for his co-worker but she wasn't there that day and they were working in a different location the next day so he brought them home to give to her the next day.  I still think it is hilarious   Mind you, when he said he was on his way home I asked him NOT to stop by the store (which is what he usually does) and to just come home.  I just wanted to be with my valentine.  He called me from the car outside and warned me before he brought them in lest I would get my hopes up they were for me.  I still think it is so funny!

I did buy myself some flowers and chocolates that were on SUPER SALE a day or two after V-day.  I told Jeff the card he would have to do himself.  lol.

We ended our Valentine festivities with one of our favorite traditions, writing love notes with conversation hearts.  This is seriously so fun and funny!


As usual, Jeff's was super silly and mine was super mushy.  Opposites attract right?
But we both had a ton of fun.  One of my favorite valentine activities!

Sure do love that man of mine!  
Overall a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Comments

Rachel said…
I love holidays, and judging from the awesomeness of this post, so do you!

What fun ideas! I love the note on the mirror with lipstick. I might steal that and do that next year...if I can remember it. So...chances are I won't. :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...