Skip to main content

P's Birthday: Family Party

Parker is 4!!
Can you believe it?  Because I sure cant!

If you asked P what he wanted for his birthday, the only response you would get is "A Spider-man Cake."  Even when I told him he would get that and tried to pry something else out of him, the response would be the same.  At least he is easy to please.  :)

Side note: I do find it odd and a little bit sad that I spend the least amount of time on my own kid's cakes then I do when I make them for other people.  Maybe it is because they are so easy to please, or maybe it is because I'm too busy getting everything else ready for the party.  Anyway, I decorated this bad boy in 5 minutes.  I was originally going to make the entire cake look like Spider-man, but realized that P had ZERO Spider-man toys so I decided to buy one that could be used a decoration and then he could keep it and play with it too.  P LOVED IT!



Now when you ask him what his favorite part of his birthday was, he doesn't not even mention the presents, he just says his Spider-man Cake.  I'd call that a birthday success!  

Up until right before his birthday we still hadn't really gotten him presents.  I mean, I got a few small things, but not anything big.  We were tossing around the idea of getting a new bike for him since he is so good at his balance bike already, but we decided to wait a little while on that since we wont be putting training wheels on. I was browsing a kids consignment store and found this little car for $15.  He loves playing in these things when we go to our friends so I decided why not!  He is getting a little big for it but I think he has more fun pushing Em then riding it anyway.


We are so blessed to live so close to our family.  We had almost everyone there to celebrate with us.  Both sets of Grandparents, great grandparents, and even some uncles!  It was so nice and I know that it meant so much to P.  He sure does love his family!

The birthday boy ready to open presents!

He got some  really great things and was genuinely excited about each gift.  He was so good about saying thank you to everyone and gave everyone a hug and thanked them for coming.  He got new books, clothes, games, and even tickets to Pixiland.

Daddy was especially excited about Hungry Hungry Hippo and put it together first.  The kids LOVE it!  Em is surprisingly good at it too.

He was also really excited about this fishing game.  It is a little tricky, but he caught on pretty quick.

He also got a Spiderman sleeping bag which he was super excited about!  
I guess it is time to plan a camping trip!

P's birthday turned out to be a wonderful day.  He got a special treat at church (his birthday was on a Sunday) and the spent the afternoon with the people that love him most spoiling him and he got to eat 2 slices of cake.  I'd say that is a pretty excellent birthday!  

Happy Birthday P-man!  
You are so very very loved!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to pack . . .

So now that he really could come ANY DAY I figured it was probably time for me to pack my bag. I of course have one of those "What to bring" checklist, but I was wondering what your thoughts where. Is there anything you wish you had brought but didn't? Is there anything you would have died without if you hadn't brought it? I'm just so clueless! A few tips from you experienced mothers would be greatly appreciated!! I cant believe it is so close!!

Have you noticed?

I need a haircut ASAP! This is me saying, "I'll smile if you ignore my hair." Don't get me wrong, I am really excited I have long hair, I love having long hair , but it needs a little TLC. It has been a few months since I have even got a trim and I am still re-couping from a not so good hair cut. The last few times I have really CUT my hair, not just a trim, I was not pleased with the results. Now it would probably help if I was willing to pay more than $10 for a hair cut . . . but I'm Mrs. High Pockets as my father calls me and it is really hard for me to spend money on my hair. So I need your help! What do you think I should do? Before you make any suggestions you should know: It MUST be able to go back into a ponytail!!!!!!! My hair is STICK STRAIGHT My hair will not curl to save my life (via over night curls, hot curls, even curling irons, they just don't work) I want and need something EASY! I do not like to spend time on my hair and I don...

No Use Crying Over Spilled Milk . . .

So being an emotional pregnant woman is definitely taking its tole on both me and Jeff (what a wonderful, patient, and understanding man he is). Saturday morning I was so excited because for the first time in weeks we actually had a morning together. I had planned to make us a delicious breakfast just like my dad always did for me. We had Eggs, Hashbrowns, and even Bacon; we were so excited. So I started cooking the bacon first, knowing it would take the longest. Then when I thought they were close to being done, Jeff started cooking the eggs and I threw on the hashbrowns. Well, needless to say, the eggs finished super fast and the others were not even close. And then to add more to my frustration the pan I was using for the hashbrowns was awful! Despite my many tablespoons of butter the entire thing was completely stuck! I switched pans in the middle to try to save them. In the meantime Jeff ate his eggs so they wouldn't get cold. I insisted on waiting so I could eat th...