HALLELUJAH!!
The little man finally did it! As a result we haven't given him a bottle in 2 days (well kinda)! I'm thrilled! Thanks to the genius company AVENT we had success. Playtex Drop-Ins and AVENT are the two bottle brands we use the most. And in the past few months it has only been AVENT. So Parker recognizes the bottle specifically and wants that one bottle specifically. So I think that is why anytime we brought another type of cup he just would have it. He would scream and shake his head so we could even help him understand that it was what he wanted. One of my friends showed me this a while back, but I kinda assumed he wouldn't like it because the top was so hard and flat. The most success we have had previously were with ones that were most like a bottle nipple, soft and round. And I actually had gotten a sippy cup from them with this same top and he just wouldn't have it. But then we realized we could put it on his normal bottle like so:
So we went and got some with a little faster flow (as pictured below)
And TADA!! Magic!
He still doesn't really love it, but he is drinking from it as well as other similar sippies.
I still and kind of curious about a few things and would like your expertise. He doesn't drink very much in one sitting anymore. 1 oz on average in fact. Now I'm not sure if this is because Whole Milk is heavier, or if he is still trying to get the hang of things, or if he doesn't like how cold it is. We heat it up sometimes and it helps, but the most he has ever had at once is 3 oz.
What are your thoughts?
How did your kids transition?
I'm just so happy he is finally getting the hang of it! It took a little sneaky behavior on our part, but it is happening and he is still happy so I am happy.
Let me know your thoughts! Thanks!
Comments