One of my favorite things in the world is watching my children love each other. Watching them be best buddies. Watching them laugh together, play together, even just talk to each other. I love it. Just melts my heart and makes me love them even more. Ever since Riley joined our family it has been so fun to watch them love her. And boy do they love her!
Em especially likes to "love" Riley. We like to joke that she malls her with love. You can tell by Riley's expression how she feels about it.
I seriously LOVE these shots. It says so much about Em as a big sister and Riley's face just captures the moment perfectly. I ask Em literally ALL DAY LONG to get off her sister, or to be softer, or quieter. It is hard to get too mad when she is doing it out of so much love but still... ALL. DAY. LONG. No doubt about it, Ri is going to grow up to be one tough cookie!
Family life is the best! Just tonight we were playing games and reading books and we just had so much fun together. At one point Jeff and I were laughing so hard we were crying. Seriously, family life is the BEST! We are so blessed to have each other. It is here in the family that we can learn about the true purpose of life. It is here where the really important things are. It is here where we experience what love really is. And I truly love my family with every fiber of my being.


Comments