Skip to main content

My cup runneth over


For FHE this week I gave a lesson on how Heavenly Father gives us so many blessing we don't even have enough room to receive them all.  The kids got to put a scoop of water in a cup as they said what they were grateful for and before long the cup was over flowing.  It was a great reminder to even me that I have so many many things to be grateful for.  This morning I got up before the rest of the fam and decided I should write down a few things that I am grateful for today and everyday.
  1. A loving Heavenly Father
  2. Jesus Christ & His saving grace
  3. The Holy Ghost who acts as a comforter & guide
  4. A wonderful husband who loves me unconditionally
  5. Children who taught me what loving really is
  6. Parents who taught me about sacrifice, service, integrity, the Gospel, and a million other things
  7. A sister who is the most selfless person I know
  8. All of my In-Laws who are wonderful and have adopted me as one of their own
  9. A strong and healthy body that allows me to do whatever I want and need
  10. A roof over my head
  11. A cozy bed to sleep in
  12. Clothes to wear
  13. Shoes to protect my feet
  14. A car to take me where we need to go
  15. My husband's job that provides us with all our needs and more
  16. Food to eat
  17. Friends to love & who lift me when I'm down
  18. Music that brings me peace, joy, and fun
  19. The Temple where I can go to for refuge from this crazy busy world and where I can learn more about my Heavenly Father's plan for me
  20. Animals that provide beauty, fun, and in some cases food
  21. This beautiful world
  22. The sun the lights up the world and provides warmth
  23. Phones that allow me to contact people at the touch of a button
  24. The internet that does a million things to make my life easier
  25. Games that bring me joy and feed my need for competition
  26. 18 years of schooling that has taught me so many things
  27. The restored Gospel of Jesus Christ
  28. The moon and stars that beautify the night
  29. Water that cleans me
  30. Water to swim and have fun in
  31. Water to drink and refresh and fuel my body
  32. Camera's that allow me to capture moments and memories that are so dear to me
  33. Books that enrich my mind & teach me things
  34. Books that bring joy to me and my children as we imagine together
  35. The ability to read
  36. Cake that I love to make, decorate, and share with others
  37. A living Prophet who is a watchman on the tower tells warns & teaches me 
  38. Personal revelation that inspires me and my family
  39. The Scriptures that teach and guide me
  40. Electricity that provides me with so many things
  41. Wholesome shows and movies that bring me laughter and entertainment
  42. Trees & plants that provide oxygen, shade, leaves to play in and beautify this world
  43. Crafts that allow me be creative, give to others, and make my house a home
  44. A free country to live in
  45. Laws that keep me safe
  46. Beautiful weather to enjoy every season
  47. The ocean where I find can find peace, joy, and have fun with my family
  48. The ability that I have to speak to my Heavenly Father through Prayer.
  49. Doctors that help keep my family healthy
  50. This blog that acts at my personal history and captures little bits of my everyday life
I could go on and on and on.  I hope you are able to realize all the blessings in your life today on this wonderful day of Thanksgiving and EVERYDAY of your life.  Hope you have a wonderful day.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...