A quarter of a year. I know it sounds silly, but seriously time flies way too fast. The little miss is already 1/4 a year old. I'm pretty sure I blinked and she doubled in size. She is definitely my "healthiest" baby so far. At 3 months she weighed in at exactly 14.0 lbs. Em (my peanut mind you) didn't weight that much until she was 6 months old. The P-man was 13 lbs at this age. See what I mean by "healthy?" Yeah, she is a chunk! She is also my Giant. If she is wearing any one piece outfit, like sleepers, she is in the 6-9 month range. No joke. She is SO TALL! Which is so weird since my other two are such shrimp.
Seriously, does this look like a 3 month old to you?
Anyway, I love this little girl more than I thought possible. She is seriously THE BEST baby. If you know her, you know it is true. I don't know if it is because this is my third time around or if it is because of her, but I finally have that "mother's instinct" people tell you about when you are pregnant. Although I never felt truly helpless with the other two, there were certainly times where I was like, I have no clue whats wrong with you child. But this time, I usually know. She'll cry and I'll think, she is probably sleepy. I swaddle her and BAM, she is out. No rocking, no feeding, nothing. It is kind of amazing.
Looking back at the other two's baby books I feel bad. I certainly did not capture all the milestones I wanted and you really do forget. *tear* So this time I am going to try and be better and at the very least write down a few things each month.
So here we are at 3 months. She is such a happy baby. She is really starting to laugh and I LOVE IT! She is so ticklish. I don't remember the other two being this ticklish. It is so fun. She loves getting new diapers. She always smiles and giggles when I change her diaper which makes changing diapers so much more fun. No really, I am actually enjoying it. Who would have thought. I think part of it is because it is one of the only times me and Riley get real One-on-one interaction without the chaos of the other two.
She is such a good eater. During the day she usually goes 2-3 hrs between feedings. I am amazed at how quickly that time passes too. I'll feed her and get busy with the other kids. What seems like just a little while later she starts to get fussy and I look at the clock and realize it's time to eat again. So some days I still feel like I am feeding her all day long. Luckily she is a fast eater now so it usually doesn't take too much time.
She is sleeping pretty good. Lately she has been going down about 6:30 every night and will sleep until about 12:30. That just happens to be right when I am usually crawling into bed so I don't have to wake up for it which is nice. Then every other day she sleeps from then until about 7:00 am. The other days she wakes up about 3:30 and eats super fast (5 mins max) and then goes right back to sleep. So not bad, but I am ready to drop that 3:30 feeding for sure. She is still in our little Moses basket just because if I actually have to get out of bed to do anything it totally wakes me up and then takes for ever to go back to sleep. I'm thinking at 4 months when I'm ready to really sleep train her (which she hardly needs) we'll move into her room and her crib which is finally all ready.
She is SO STRONG! This girl is days away from being able to sit on her own. The other day I had her in the Bumbo and she sat there for a good 45 mins just watching the big kids play. I was so shocked! Usually she only lasts about 15 mins in there. She LOVES to sit up. If you ever lay her down she does little crunches until you help her up. Once she is sitting up he hardly needs any assistance. If you are holding her, she wants to be up right and watching the action, non of this laying down business for her. It is so funny to me.
The kids love her to pieces! They are always asking where she is and if they can hold her. I usually find Em on top of her in some form or another. They are sad to go to friends just because they know Riley won't get to go too. It is so sweet. Sometimes they are still a little to rough with her but since she is getting so strong I'm not as stressed about it. Not to mention she takes their love/abuse like a champ! She already has a high level of tolerance.
She LOVES to be looked dead in the eyes. Even if she is wailing, if I stop what I am doing and just talk and stare at her, she will calm down and smile. Sometimes she just wants some attention. I totally get that. ;) But man does she love to talk! She actually might compete with her big sister once she gets a little older. I love talking to her and listening to her. The other day I rolled my tongue just to introduce some new sounds and then she started trying to do it. Adorable! Babies are so smart!
This is her talking face. Also how she holds her hands.
She is already drooling and chewing like mad! If I forget to put a bib on her the poor girl's shirt is soaked all the way to her belly button! Just like P was. She is always blowing bubbles and drooling. I call her my little Drooly Fooly (O nicknames, why do we make you. haha. Looks so silly on paper.). But really, I'm so curious when she is going to cut her first tooth because she really goes to town once she starts chewing on things.
She loves to chew and suck on her hands. I have caught her in so many positions and it cracks me up every time. She still takes the binky, but when she is awake she is always sucking on her fingers. And she always holds her hands together and rests them on her belly. I love it!
What else... she burps and toots like a teenage boy. And then I act like a teenage boy and laugh hysterically. It is so funny to hear something so loud come out of someone so small. Also, the poor girl has had thrush for pretty much 2 months straight. Doesn't seem to bug her and she REFUSES the medicine. It is finally going away now. Poor girl.
This girl gives out smiles like candy on Halloween.
I am loving this baby time and I am shocked to hear myself say that. I usually am not a baby person. Not that I don't like them, just not my favorite stage. I'm more of the toddler/preschooler age kinda person. That is my favorite. But this time I am LOVING this baby phase. I love to hold her. I love to babble with her. I love to do completely ridiculous things to make her smile and laugh. I love smelling her. I love when she holds my finger. I even love nursing more this time around. Seems like less of a chore and sometimes I catch myself just staring at her.
She really is the sweetest happiest baby every! I feel so blessed this sweet child was sent to our home. I'm so anxious to see more of her personality and what ways she is going to add to our family. And here they are. All my babies at 3 months old. What do you think?







Comments