(Once again, time flies. Going by notes on this one too.)
She already is growing like a weed. She has outgrown newborn size clothes and she is getting so strong! She sleep like a true Score and can be passed around in a crowded room and not even twitch. One of my favorite things that she does is laugh in her sleep. It is truly THE CUTEST thing in the world. Makes me so very excited for her real laugh. Unfortunately she got Thrush but it doesn't seem to be bothering her so I'll probably just wait it out.
I can finally say that I know what the "Mother's Instinct" is. I don't know if it is her, or me, or maybe it is just third times a charm, but I have been able to read this little miss much better than the other two. I just know what she needs when she needs it and it is so awesome! Certainly has helped with the adjustment of a new baby in our home. She really is such a happy baby. She only cries when she needs something, usually just hungry or tired. And boy does she sleep like a champ! So many days this month she spent the majority of the day sleeping and I thought for sure it would be a rough night because she truly slept ALL DAY and yet she would still sleep like a champ all night. Amazing! And she doesn't need to be rocked or anything, just feed her and lay her right back down. I'm telling you, best baby ever! She even has slept for 8 hrs straight a few nights!
She has been by far my best eater! I could tell straight from day one too from all the diapers she was going through. I didn't have much milk with the other two and with her I finally have enough! She has a super strong suck and likes to eat. And as a result we have had to change a lot of diapers. And I seriously mean A TON! in just her first 2 weeks of life she went though 200 diapers. No you did not read that wrong, 200 DIAPERS! And I'm the kind of person that waits until they are super full until I change them! It was the craziest thing for us since our other two were quite the opposite. She is our little pooping machine. In fact she would even surprise us. She would take a little time getting it all out, just because there was so much. Lots of times we guessed wrong and would open the diaper to discover she wasn't quite finished. What an adventure that was! But at least there was no flying poop like P-man used to do. But as funny as it sounds, it was so comforting that she was so regular because the other two were not and it ended up having other problems. So yay for poop!
This picture describes so perfectly the relationship between these girls. Em ALWAYS wants to be all over Riley. Touching, holding, snuggling, kissing, talking, everything you can imagine she wants to do to this little miss. And you can see in the picture how Riley feels about it. Haha! These big kids sure love her to pieces though! And they are such great helpers.
1 Month Comparison
I still can't believe how quickly time is passing. We sure love this little miss and are so excited to watch her grow!




Comments