Getting closer. Here is some of our September fun.
Took the kids to a local park. Riley slept and I actually ran around and played with the kids. It was tons of fun for all of us!
Then we went on a walk and collected sticks. We reenacted Peter Pan with sticks. We even pretended to be reindeer with sticks. We were going out to dinner that night with the extended family and Em collected sticks for EVERYONE. She was truly sad when I would only let her bring one stick in the car. Broke the poor girls heart.
Early in the year I got a Groupon to a pool in Pleasant Hill. And of course it wasn't until the weekend before it was going to expire we finally made it over there. It was actually pretty cool. It had a fun splash pad area as well as 2 big pools. We had fun taking turns swimming with the kids. Riley slept through the whole thing, ah the life of a newborn. Em got a little carried away with the sun block but I was happy to let her do it herself. Such a fun family day before the fall weather hit.
We discovered Riley really does look like her daddy!
Found this dress that used to be mine and had to put it on Em. Is it just me or is it ridiculously adorable on her? I was sad it was way too short, but now I can't wait for Riley to wear it when she gets a little bigger.
Em loves taking pictures lately. She snapped this one of me and mom whopping the boys at Hand and Foot.
Stopped by the temple after the zoo one day. Riley's first visit there. The flowers were especially beautiful this time of year.
The past 3 years we have gone to Rock City on Labor Day. The friends we usually go with had to up and move on us so we invited some others to join us. It was so fun! The kids sure love that place, we should go more often. I was impressed with how brave they were this time. And Riley was a champ too! Slept through the whole thing. I'm not gonna lie, parts were a little scary to do while wearing a newborn but we all made it out unharmed.
One Saturday it was extra hot so we decided to run through the sprinklers. Jeff also played a little soccer with the kids. Pretty sure it was one of their favorite things in the whole world. I even took a little video of it and they watch it over and over again. I guarantee there is nothing more attractive than watching your man play with his kids. We are so blessed to have this handsome guy in our home!
Riley was being so silly this day. This span of facial expressions all happened within about a 90 second time span. I love her.
We started going on walks every Monday with some friends. Can I just say it is THE BEST! I love it, the kids love it, it is just perfect! I love that we live right next to this trail. It is a safe place to let the kids just run free. They also have fun waving at "daddy's train" as it goes by. They find animals, fight with sticks, and run and run and run! And the mom's get in some great conversation too. We look forward to it every Monday!
We love living so close to all our grandparents. It is the best watching your parents be grandparents. So fun!
This little girls is a drooling machine! If I don't put a bib on her she is get soaked, and so do I!
We had fun snuggling with grandma in bed,
finding MASSIVE ugly bugs at grandpas,
Em snapping a pic of me and Riley snoozing,
P and his buddy being silly at music time,
me and Riley snuggling while we watch the kids jump on the trampoline,
Em spends house working on these books & writing letters,
P is getting ridiculously good at puzzles,
Flying kites on a blustery day,
Going out to dinner for Grandma's birthday.
P and his puzzles again. I'm seriously so impressed! This is 3 puzzles mixed in one box. He separated them and then did all of them even without looking at the sample picture.
Jeff and I got our first night out after having Riley. My amazing friend came and watch the kids so we could have a night on the town. It was so fun and truly needed.
We went out to dinning with the family for Grandma & GG's birthday. It was so fun and super yummy. The kids hid under the table as usual, but the rest of us loved the show!
Can you tell we love to be silly?
Late night trampoline fun = mom's last attempt to get some energy out of her wild kids.
Well that is about it, aside from my instagrams, but I'll dedicate a separate post for that. I feel so close to being caught up! Hip Hip Hooray!


















Comments