Have I ever told you how smart my kids are?
Well they are super duper smart.
I mean, I know I'm a little biased, but I also studied a lot of child development, and these kids are not your average Joe's!
A few months ago we had Stake conference, so we brought these writing books to keep the kids entertained so we could listen Saturday night, and it not only worked like a charm, I was truly shocked with all they could do. P is getting so good at writing letters without tracing, and Em was tracing so well that you couldn't even see the dots underneath her letters.
They both know how to spell their name, P can write it all on his own, and Em just writes letter Es on EVERYTHING!
One day (before Em's birthday when I could still actually get on and off the ground) we were out playing with chalk. P would ask me to draw something and then he would draw it too. I am by no means an artist, but check out this collage. I drew the upper left square and P drew all the others based of mine.
A bunny, Mike Wazowski, a butterfly
We drew Em some balloons since it was almost her birthday.
And one day I saw them like this, just drawing themselves.
They clearly have a long ways to go, but considering they got ZERO drawing skills from me, I am super impressed.
I need to be better at giving them opportunities to work on these skills but since it was something I never enjoyed doing, I never think about it then I turn the corner to find something like that and realize I'm kind of holding them back.
I sure love their creative minds and seeing their interpretation of things. So now my goal is public, I am going to draw more with my kids.






Comments