Skip to main content

Eviction Notice

Well folks... after a week straight of regular contractions and trying everything you can think of (including but not limited too): Walking, Squats, Essential Oils, Acupressure, Trampoline, Prego Pizza, and what seems like a million other things... this baby is completely content inside my belly.  Luckily, I have an awesome doctor who has been willing to bend the rules for me and induce me on my due date, which is tomorrow.  HIP HIP!!!  

We can Thank Parker for this Pic.

You see, Kaiser RARELY induces, and when they do it is not until after 41 weeks!  Given my history (having a baby over 9 lbs), and the fact that this is my 3rd baby, and since I am already dilated to 3.5 and been having real contractions for a week straight they are letting me come in.
 Both me and the doctor think all that it is going to take is for my water to break and the baby will be here in no time!

This day my Jogging stroller lost some pieces up on the hill, so I had to resort to a different kind of exercise to keep those contractions coming while the kids played.

I do wish this baby would have made up it's mind though.  Either commit all the way and really get things going or just stop.  It has gotten my hopes up on more than one occasion.  Ever since Last Thursday my contractions have been pretty regular.  I have been having them to some degree at least 5 minutes apart for a week straight!  And if I'm up and moving that drops them down to 2 minutes apart and kicks up the intensity 10 fold.  Hence the literally miles and miles of walking I have done this past week.  I thought maybe if I got the intensity up for an hour plus, it would just stay up... I thought wrong.

Part of Yesterday's walking route.  I tacked on another 3 miles last night too making yesterday's walking total over 9.5 miles! My contractions have been much more regular since yesterday morning and the most intense all week, yet still not enough to kick it fully into gear.

My amazing Visiting Teacher messaged me and asked if they could order us a Prego Pizza from Skipolini's.  Although it is not something I would normally order, I thanked her and said yes of course that we were willing to try anything at this point.  Here is what the menu says about it:

The Prego Pizza
Our wold-famous labor-inducing masterpiece...It really works!!
Salami, Pepperoni, Ham, Mushrooms, Olives, Bell Peppers, Extra Onions, Sausage, Ground Beef, Linguisa, Extra Garlic, Parmesan, and Oregano.

Let me just say, it was SUPER DELICIOUS!! But alas, I am still here.  
Sure was fun to try though!

And here is poor Jeff.  I honestly think he might be more sad than me that this baby is not here yet.  He left work last Thursday when we went to the hospital and has not gone back since.  He has worked from home some, but I still feel bad that he is stuck in this limbo land.  I must admit though, it has been AMAZING to have him home this week.  I really do love this man and he has been an incredible support to me this past week.  He has not only walked miles, but played with the kids, done a ridiculous amount of dishes, given me massages, and so much more.  It has also been so fun to actually see him be so excited for this new bundle to arrive.  I sure did pick a good one!

So after an intense week of trying every trick in the book (except Castro oil), and despite the fact that even now at 5:00 am my contractions are still regular and going strong, I have decided to give it a rest for today.  And do you want to know how I am going to enjoy my last day pregnant?  I am going to spend the whole day with my two favorite little buddies. 

 

Crazy to realize that after tomorrow we will go from a family of 4 to a family of 5.  I'm so curious to see how our little world is going to flip and how these two are going to adjust.  It has been just these two for SOOOO LONG!  I mean, it was just these two even when P was a baby since she decided to join the party when he was only 6 months old.  I am actually getting kind of sad thinking about not having as much time with these too.  They have been the main focus of my life, the purpose to everything I did, my light and joy.  I sure hope they adjust well and always know how much I love them.  

One of my cousins once told me, "Love cannot be divided, only multiplied."  I really love that and I think it is true.  And seeing how much love and joy these two have brought to our home makes me even more anxious to get to know this new baby.

So today is P & Em's day.  I'm going to do everything they want to do, I'm going to be extra patient, and I'm going to spoil them.  And then tomorrow we will meet our new baby.  I guess I should say thanks to the new baby for reminding me that what I have right this second, what I have had for the past 4 years, is truly perfect and as eager as I am to meet the little one tomorrow, I really am excited for today!

The next post will be debuting Score Baby #3!
One More Day!  

Comments

Unknown said…
Ahhh! I can't wait!
Unknown said…
And that pizza sure looks yummy!

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...