Skip to main content

This Baby is a Trickster

I know a lot of you have been wondering what has been going on so here is a little update, so here it is.

So Thursday I woke up at 2:00 am with really strong contractions, and feeling super nauseous.  After about an hour they died down enough for me to go back to sleep but I woke up again at 6:30 with them starting up again.  I woke Jeff up and let him know that I was pretty sure this was going to happen today.  Unfortunately, he brought home some paperwork that his team needed to work so he had to at least go in and drop them off.  Not wanting to have this baby without him I decided to stop everything and lay low until he returned.  

I did have to make a run to the DMV to take care of some stuff that really needed to be handled before baby came.  Turns out you can get in and out of the DMV super quick when you are in labor.  By the time I got back Jeff was on his way home.  My mom came home with me and helped me get my house in order.  

When Jeff got home we started walking.


We did lots and LOTS of walking.  Probably a total of 4 hrs and my contractions started getting pretty regular (2 mins apart) and fairly strong.  I called Labor and Delivery to see what they said and they gave me the ok to come in.  We decided to drop the kids off and get ready.  I took a quick shower since I of course choose to walk at the hottest time of the day, but by the time I got out of the shower the contractions had kind of died down. So we went out walking again.


 Jeff loves that I sport the company sunglasses and I love that they were free.
The contractions started right back up again so we hopped in the car and headed to the hospital.

Here we are curious of the progress made so far and  hopeful they are going to let us stay (8:30 p.m.).  After a check and 20 minutes of monitoring the baby looked great and the contractions were still consistent but I was only dilated to 3 cms.  The nurse was pretty hopefully that they would keep me and went to get the midwife for the final ok.  While she was out of the room this flashed across the monitor: 

It says ADMIT PATIENT.

Yeah... that got our hopes up.  The midwife was nice but wanted me to walk around for 2 more hours and make sure I was progressing.  So alas that is just what we did.  I got dressed because walking the halls for 2 hours sounded awful, but walking outside would help the time pass a little more.  So at 9:30 we headed back outside and walked and walked and walked.


I figured I'd try a few more things aside from just walking.  We found a little exercise trail that went around the hospital so at each station I did 10 squats.  Some of the stations I even did some jumping jacks.  I REALLY did not want to be sent home!


Jeff humored me and did a few with me too.  His favorite was the balance beam.


At 11:30 we headed back inside to get checked.


Here I am being SOOOOO hopeful they will let me stay.  They monitored me for 20 mins before they even checked me.  The baby at this point was SOOOO ACTIVE!  It kept kicking the monitors off.  They came in at least 5 times to readjust it and the last time they ended up putting a monitor on my finger to so they could get at least one of our heart rates.  They finally checked me and I was only to 3.5 cms.  Talk about disappointing!

However, at this point my contractions were still very regular and much to intense to sleep through.  The Midwife decided to keep me for 1 more hour and check again.  Needless today it had been a VERY long day and this is how we were feeling:

Yup, he actually fell asleep this way.  I was almost dozing in  between contractions too.  So at 1:00 a.m. they came back in and checked me... still the same.  Talk about being disappointed!!  Since I was still having painful contractions they decided to send me home with a shot of Morphine so I could rest.  I would have much preferred a shot of Pitocin at this point, but o-well.  at 1:30 am we were in the car and headed home.
 
The Morphine sure did knock me out... for almost 24 hours!  I was so groggy Friday.  As much as I wanted this baby out all I really wanted to do was sleep.  And although I did have contractions all throughout the day, they were not as frequent or as strong as the night before.  :( 
 
Saturday I was feeling much more like myself again.  We decided to start trying to get things going again with more walking, more squats, and even some jumping on the trampoline!
 
To no avail.
 
This morning (Sunday) I woke up at 5:30 with some decently strong contractions.  Since I couldn't go back to sleep I decided to get up and see if I could get them going.  Em woke up soon after, so we decided to take a walk together.  It was nice to have some company.

 
A friend of mine told me that Curb walking broke her water, so I did a lot of that hoping to fire things back up... nothing!

At least with this cute face looking at me I couldn't get too upset.
 
Everyone was surprised to see me at church.  We were all hoping I wouldn't make it today.  Unfortunately we were all wrong.  I'm slightly sad because so many people said it looked like I was carrying HIGHER today.  This baby must be confused which direction the exit is!
 
 
As of now, I'm still having contractions, just not very intense and not very often.  But I'm headed out the door to walk again.  Let's hope it gets things going again!  If not I have an appointment tomorrow.  Maybe if I am in hysterics at my appointment he will admit and induce me.  One can only hope.
 
Anyway, so really, this baby is a little trickster!  Getting my hopes up everyday and then changing their mind.  Seriously baby!  We want to meet you!  And Mommy would MUCH rather hold you in her arms than her tummy!
 
Wish me luck!!


Comments

Holy Crap Rebecca that sucks!! I will say a little prayer that it will be a merciful delivery and over soon!! You are in such SUCH such great shape, I bet it will go great! Thinking of you!
Unknown said…
Ohh geez! I'm so sorry! I can't wait to see your sweet baby!

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...