Skip to main content

Jumping June

I'm calling this Jumping June because I feel like it never really happened.  I mean seriously, how is July already half over!  Time is going way too quickly!

June was actually a super busy month for us.  We filled it with all sorts of activities.  As usual, here is my monthly photo-dump of the random fun we had.

We have spent as much time in the water as we can!
Love these little fish.  

Daddy spent a lot of time out of state this month which was hard.
This was P flying like an airplane as daddy's plane was landing.

Daddy got to go on a little Man's Trip to Magic Mountain.  Mom was pretty jealous, but after all the hard work he has endured, he deserved a little trip just to relax and have fun.
 
We made it out to the zoo and brought some friends with us.

This day was especially fun because they had extra exhibits, face painting, and baby animals.
Such a fun day!

As always, we hit up the little zoo park on the way out to the car.

And we stopped by the Temple too. 

We have gone to the splash park quite a few times too.  Such a fun place for the kids to run around, cool off, and have fun and all for free!


A local kids amusement park was having a special deal the whole month of June where it was only 1 ticket per ride.  Since we had a bunch of tickets laying around we decided to jump on that offer... TWICE!  Once we went with Grandma and Grandpa, then we went again with friends.  So much fun!


The Carousel, Cars and the Train are their favorites! 

Sure do love these two! 

We decided to by one of those cheap plastic pools this year.  Even though we have an awesome blow up pool, this seemed like it would be a little easier to use and maintain, especially after the baby comes.  The kids were super excited about it, especially when I showed them how they could slide into it.

Jeff and I have had a lot of weddings to go to this year.  It has been so much fun, not only to share in our friends special days, but because we got a 3 long dates, just the two of us.  This wedding was for one of Jeff's co-workers.  It was in Half Moon Bay and it was beautiful!  Although the reception was tons of fun, we decided to head out a little early (Jeff's not a fan of dancing) and hit up our favorite creamery on the way home.  Unfortunately, Fentons was PACKED and we needed to get back to the kids at a semi reasonable hour, so we opted for the San Francisco Creamery.  It is certainly no Fentons, but it did the job.

One day while we were walking we spotted this intense swarm of bees.  Seriously blew my mind and scarred me half to death all at the same time (I'm allergic to bees).

We have obviously hit up the local parks on a regular basis.  
This day the P-man could not get enough of this rock wall.  He must have done it at least 2 dozen times.

We have had lots of playdates with friends.  I loved walking in to P reading to his little buddy.

Mommy school went pretty strong during June, it has kind of died out a little.  I need to start it back up because the kids really do love it!  They memorize the first scripture so fast and loved reading the other scripture stories as well.  I must say that Activity time is their favorite part.  Whether we are just playing with Play dough, or painting, or cutting, they cannot get enough of it!

On national doughnut day Krispy Kreme gave out free doughnuts so we of course had to hit that up!  The kids LOVED IT!

More pool time.  I think I am in need of the pool more than they are these days.  It just feels amazing to be in the water.  And the kids love that I am in there with them too.  Lots of playtime together which is so good!

This day at the park the kids cracked me up.  They truly are either best friends or worst enemies and it can change by the minute.  This day they were best friends all day long.  They played so well together, walked home together, helped each other...melts my heart!

For some reason this little girl is obsessed with this mini deodorant.  No matter where I hide it, she finds it.  At least she is learning good hygiene young.  :)  Cracks me up!

With Summertime comes the Cinemark Summer Movie Clubhouse.  This year we paid $5 each to see a movie a week for 10 weeks.  Steal of a deal if you ask me!  The kids LOVE IT because this is the only time we actually go to the movie theater.

As least until this came out.  Monster's Inc is one of the kids very favorite movies and when the sequel came out we decided to bite the bullet and pay to take the kids to see it.  It was their reward for completing swim lessons and we brought grandpa along as his father's day present. 

We even splurged and got popcorn!  It was an awesome movie, I think I even liked it more than the first one and such a fun family day.

You know it is hot when your kids ask you if they can run through the sprinklers at 8:00 pm.  We had a couple of crazy heat waves in June and it truly stayed in the 90's until after 10 at night.  Needless to say, we soaked up as much water as we could to stay cool.  The kids loved it!

We also had a couple random rainstorms.  This day the kids started out with swim lessons and ended up jumping in puddles.  Such weird weather.

This was another day the kids were best friends and played so well together.  We even met some friends at the park, but these two spent the whole time playing together that they didn't even bother with their friends.  They play Mama & Baby or Daddy & Baby ALL DAY LONG lately.  It is the sweetest thing and also so funny to listen to their conversations as they play.  They are clearly ready to have a new baby in the family!

When it is 80 by 10:00 am Frozen Chocolate Dipped Bananas are an acceptable snack around here.

This lady has crazy sleeping positions.  Although we just got her a real bed, I don't plan on moving her anytime soon since she seems to always end up on the floor.  Silly girl.

We celebrated daddy's homecoming from another business trip by going out to ice cream.  The kids made some awesome ice cream beards to match daddy's real one.  And Em cracks me up because lately she has a couple bites of the ice cream and then just wants to eat the cone.  Silly girl! 

More sprinkler fun, this time with friends and new squirt guns.  The boys had a blast!!

A nice lady in our ward has had this trampoline sitting in a pile since she moved in.  She had been debating giving it away for a while, but was hesitant because the grand kids would love it.  I told her a while ago, no pressure, but if she ever did want to get rid of it we would be happy to take it off her hands.  Well, one day she called and said we could come pick it up.  Jeff was so excited.  We went over, picked it up and put it together right away. We bought a new pad and ladder and now it is fully functioning.  I'd still like to get one of those nets to go around since our kids are still so young, but needless to say we are all so very excited about!

I got my first gift for baby #3.  So sweet of her.


Pretty sure this girls eyes are going to break a lot of boys hearts.

We have been doing a lot of re-organizing, rearranging, and purging in preparation for this baby.  And unfortunately this awesome little bus was something that just had to go.  The kids were pretty bummed, but we found a perfect home for it, the nursery at church!  Em still gets a few more months to play with it and it will serve many other children for years to come.

Em decided it was best to drink from not one, not two, but 3 straws all at the same time.  Silly girl.

And congrats to you if you made it all the way through this ridiculously long post!  We did have an awesome June and I guess it is true what they say, "Time flies when you are having fun!"  No wonder it feels like we jumped right over June.  Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.

We Love Summertime!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...