I think most of you know I went to BYU. And I think most of you know I love sports. College Basketball is probably my favorite. While at school I worked for the Event Staff meaning I worked at all the Football and Basketball games among a few other events. For 2 of the years I worked basketball I worked on the floor, meaning one of the corners of the court. Can I just say BEST. JOB. EVER. Now obviously I did have a job to do, but I was still able to see a lot of the game. I have always loved basketball but being that close to the action just made my love for it grow.
BYU Basketball is one of the things I miss most about being in P-town. Well for my birthday & Christmas I got tickets to two of their games out here in the Bay. I was so excited! Can I just say I have the Best Father-in-Law! The perfect gift for me.
The first game was Saturday January 12. I had 4 tickets. My original plan was for me and Jeff to go on a double date with some friends, but alas busy season stole my husband. I was pretty bummed and even thought about not going. But I really did want to go. So I invited my mom to come with me and decided to bring the kids. It was such a fun game. I'm so glad we went. The kids had a blast and did great! We ran into quite a few people we knew, including some friends from our days in P-town.
P was loving this awesome blue hair we got from grandma & grandpa.
By the end of the game the kids were done. We left with I think 2 minutes on the clock and we had a good lead so I wasn't too sad about it. I could not get over how small the venue was. I guess I'm just so used to the Marriott Center that I forget it is one of the biggest college venues in the country. But I really laughed out loud when we walked in and I saw how small it was. The good thing about that though, was there was no traffic leaving which I cannot say about P-town.
It was also OK to leave early because my one of my other birthday gifts was to go see The Lion King at the Orpheum Theater in the city that night with my mother and mother-in-law. Super busy day, but it was great! The only thing that would have made it better would have been to have daddy with us.
I am now anxiously awaiting the next local BYU which is only a week and a half away. And this time the hubs is coming along AND lots of friends too! It is going to be an awesome night! I can hardly wait!
I am now anxiously awaiting the next local BYU which is only a week and a half away. And this time the hubs is coming along AND lots of friends too! It is going to be an awesome night! I can hardly wait!
GOOOOOO COUGARS!!


Comments