Skip to main content

A turn of the tassel and a toss of the hat

This was the last week of our little preschool.  I would be lying if I didn't say I was sad about it.  Having these kids in my home each month (we had a little co-op so we only had them about once a month) has been such a joy.  I loved planning lessons and actually spending 2 hours really focused on the kids.  Last year was fun too,  but it really ended up being more like a themed playgroup.  This year was really more like school and these kids have come so far!  They can all write and spell their names on their own, they can count super high on their own, they know all their letters AND sounds... seriously, these kids are awesome!

When we talked about what we were going to do this week we decided to do a little graduation.  At first I thought it was a little silly, but the kids really have worked hard and we thought it would be fun.  All I can say is I'm SO GLAD WE DID IT!

The kids felt so special and proud of themselves.  You should have heard them singing their ABC's so confidently for us.  Liz planned the whole thing for us and it was such a blast.  They started out by decorating their Caps and putting their names on it.


An attempted top view of the finished products.


Then Liz made each of them a little certificate. She turned on Pomp & Circumstance and she called the kids one by one to receive them, take a picture and then give their mom's a big hug.
It was the sweetest thing! 

Each of them in their moment of fame.

And of course a group photo of these 4 buddies!

A Graduation is not complete without the turning of tassels and a toss of the hat.  The turning of the tassel is apparently a little tricky for little kids, but the tossing they were great at!  
Liz got these great action shots.
They loved it so much we had to do it again!
So much fun!

I snapped this one.  I love how P is in mid-air, looking at the camera, and smiling nice and big.

We headed inside for some snacks and I don't know why but these little Cheese Diplomas make me so happy.  I seriously didn't even want to let the kids eat them.  haha!

And one last shot of these buddies!  I am amazed at how much these kids have learned together.  I love that they are all such great friends.  I love that we did it!  A Mommy School Success!  I am really looking forward to doing it again next year, although we will be loosing a few students. We sure will miss them!


Starting next week, most of the kids are starting the Clayton Valley High Charter School Preschool, including Em! What am I going to do with myself 4 day a week for 2 hours with NO KIDS!!

Happy Graduation Kiddos!
I am so proud of you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to pack . . .

So now that he really could come ANY DAY I figured it was probably time for me to pack my bag. I of course have one of those "What to bring" checklist, but I was wondering what your thoughts where. Is there anything you wish you had brought but didn't? Is there anything you would have died without if you hadn't brought it? I'm just so clueless! A few tips from you experienced mothers would be greatly appreciated!! I cant believe it is so close!!

Have you noticed?

I need a haircut ASAP! This is me saying, "I'll smile if you ignore my hair." Don't get me wrong, I am really excited I have long hair, I love having long hair , but it needs a little TLC. It has been a few months since I have even got a trim and I am still re-couping from a not so good hair cut. The last few times I have really CUT my hair, not just a trim, I was not pleased with the results. Now it would probably help if I was willing to pay more than $10 for a hair cut . . . but I'm Mrs. High Pockets as my father calls me and it is really hard for me to spend money on my hair. So I need your help! What do you think I should do? Before you make any suggestions you should know: It MUST be able to go back into a ponytail!!!!!!! My hair is STICK STRAIGHT My hair will not curl to save my life (via over night curls, hot curls, even curling irons, they just don't work) I want and need something EASY! I do not like to spend time on my hair and I don...

No Use Crying Over Spilled Milk . . .

So being an emotional pregnant woman is definitely taking its tole on both me and Jeff (what a wonderful, patient, and understanding man he is). Saturday morning I was so excited because for the first time in weeks we actually had a morning together. I had planned to make us a delicious breakfast just like my dad always did for me. We had Eggs, Hashbrowns, and even Bacon; we were so excited. So I started cooking the bacon first, knowing it would take the longest. Then when I thought they were close to being done, Jeff started cooking the eggs and I threw on the hashbrowns. Well, needless to say, the eggs finished super fast and the others were not even close. And then to add more to my frustration the pan I was using for the hashbrowns was awful! Despite my many tablespoons of butter the entire thing was completely stuck! I switched pans in the middle to try to save them. In the meantime Jeff ate his eggs so they wouldn't get cold. I insisted on waiting so I could eat th...