Labor Day wasn't that long ago right?
So I still have a ton of post to do to catch up and lately I have been feeling like I just want to skip them but then I looked at my side bar and realized I have only posted 55 times this year compared to my 105 last year. Now I probably wouldn't care except I finally started printing my blog books and it feels so awesome to have them. I like having as many stories and adventures and moments as I can because you really do not remember them. So I am still going to try and play catch up as well as continue our current day to day.
So back on Labor Day we decided to take the kiddos to Mt. Diablo. First we drove all the way up to the summit. Did you know they have a cool little museum up there? I have been up there TONS of times and had never been in! We always just went up to the observation deck, but never inside the building. ANYWAY, it was cool.
Here is P showing off his strong muscles as he goes over the mountain. "Just like the bear went over the mountain" he said. And of course we then sang, "Parker went over the mountain."

After a fun visit checking out the other displays such as dead stuffed animals, cool rocks to feel and look for, books, and a few others we headed back down the mountain to Rock City.

First we had a little lunch. And then we were ready to climb.
Have I mentioned that the P-man is a rock climber?

Well he is. He seriously did awesome!
He is normally my scarred, I don't want to try, little guy but this day he was brave. Really brave. Like made me scared kind of brave. But is was so fun to watch him try and succeed!

We had a great time. I was a little worried that it wouldn't be a good activity for our kids at this age, but it was great! We climbed, we hiked, we had a blast! It was a perfect family day. Maybe we will even make it a tradition.
So long summer! We will miss you!

Comments