(Warning, this is actually a long, boring, wordy post. I blame our YW activity last night that was on journaling. Since this is pretty much my only journal right now, I'm kicking up the journaling aspect a notch. More fun post coming soon!)
I honestly cannot believe how fast this year is going. It is blowing my mind. It is starting to feel like November, which is actually kinda making me depressed.
I was thoroughly enjoying my 85 degree October. But I guess winter had to come eventually.
But really, does this cold weather make anyone else want to do this?

I am seriously struggling to get out of my PJ's every day. I just want to huddle up with these cuties and not do a single thing. Unfortunately I can only get them to sit with me for about 5 seconds and then we are off which is better for all of us.
We are spending as much time outside as we can. Our Backyard has been our best friend this week. The kids go our and run amuck while I make dinner. I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but it makes cooking dinner a bajillion times less stressful!

These two crack me up lately. They are starting to have their own conversations which just tickles me plum to death. For some reason, when P talks to her he thinks he has to be right up in here face, so here he is asking her a question. I love it. The only thing I don't love about their convos is that they usually end like this:
P: YES!!
EM: NOOOO!!!
P: YES!!
EM: NNNO!
P: YYYYEEEESSSSS!!
EM: NNNOOOOO!
OK, I think you get the picture. Anyway, this little act they have, although cute, gets old really, really, REALLY fast!
P recently re-discovered the awesomeness of Chalk and has been into drawing Rainbows lately. We did this one together, but he can actually do one all by himself. He is becoming quite the artist.

We also recently started writing letters and he LOVED it! He did way better than I thought he would. He learned how to write A, B, C, D, F, & H. His favorites were A, C, & H.

Em's personality is really starting to show and she has more personality then she knows what to do with! I am amazed at how fast this little girls cracks me up and then makes me pull my hair out and then cracks me up again. It really is a skill. But she has been so much fun lately and her laugh is the most contagious laugh I have ever heard. Just thinking about it makes me laugh out load. I need to do better about catching her cute little quarks on film.
This little girl wants to be the center of attention and the leader of the pack. Whatever she does, P soon starts doing it too. She knows what she wants and she does not stop until she gets here. Here is a prime example, almost every time I wander into the kitchen, this is how I find this little girl:

Let me tell you, this little girl can climb and she is quick!!
Also, the other day I was helping my mom grab some boxes out of the rafters, I used a 15 ft latter to do so. While I was on the latter Em starts climbing it and was frustrated when she got to me and couldn't go up any further. The second I got off she was on her way up. She when all the way to the top, and got mad when I wouldn't let her go up any higher. I could hardly reach her. She is fearless!

We had an awesome Saturday last week. We played together as a family which is what I dream every Saturday will be like. We built Mr. Potato head families for a while. Em not only likes to play Mr. Potato, she likes to BE Mr. Potato. She is always putting on the glasses and hats and even puts the mouth pieces in her mouth. Such a cutie!
Our last random recent happening was discovering a HUGE praying Mantis on our screen door. Jeff found it when he came home from work one night. The kids were still up so we showed them. They loved it!

I am seriously amazed at how smart the P-man is. Here I was thinking this would be his first introduction to a Mantis, and as soon as he saw it, he ran away to get a book. Then he shouted "Look, it is a Mantis, just like this is a Mantis" pointing to the book. Sure enough he was right. I don't even remember the last time we read that book ... probably a few months at least and he still remembered it. Such a good brain! Then the next day at the park there was another Mantis hanging out on the slide which he was really excited about. He said in a giddy, squealy voice: "Here is another mantis, just like the book mantis, and the door mantis"

And just to give you a visual of how big the one on our door was here it is next to Jeff's hand.

Well, both kiddos are up from their naps and pushing me away from the computer, so I'm taking that as my cue to get off. Sorry again for the long, boring nature of this post. Just a few random things I actually want to remember so I'm writing them down. Still have lots of catch up to do and now I have a little more motivation to do it.
Comments