
Today at music time all the kids were marching to music. Everyone was having a blast ringing their bells and banging their tambourines as we marched in circles. Two little boys were having an extra good time and were running around. While running they got distracted by each other, weren't looking where they were going and accidentally trampled right over Em. No worries, she was fine, I think she was scared more than anything. P on the other hand wasn't fine. He got so angry and ran up to the boys and started yelling at them.
P - "NO! You don't do that to Emily!"
Me - "P, it is OK. It was just an accident"
P - "No! It's not an accident, they can't do that to Emily"
Me - "Calm down, it's OK. She is fine."
P - "No! It's not OK!!"
He just kept going on and on shouting as loud as he could. I felt the need to calm him down more then to calm poor crying Em down. He was so worried about her and so protective. It was really cute to see. The temper is apparently something we are going to have to work on, but his heart was in the right place. I think he is going to be the big brother every little girl dreams of having.

They really are best buds. Wherever one goes, the other will follow.

Of course they fight and wrestle and hit and yell at each other, I don't know any siblings that don't. But most of the time they play and laugh and love each other.

When I am not breaking up fights, I am watching these two giggle hysterically which quite possibly might be my favorite thing in the world.
Thanks for being such a great Big Bro P-man!
Comments