Skip to main content

Do You know We Went to Utah?

Well, we did... about 2 months ago. Does time move this fast for you too? Because lately it seems crazy fast.

Anyway, we had a blast! I think we left on the 28th of September in the evening so we could drive through the night. The kids did pretty well, I think the change in altitude was hard on Em because she had a rough hour in the Mountains, but for the most part they both slept the whole way. It was great!

We stayed with our best buds out there and according to my camera we went to the park.


It was beautiful weather while we were out there and the kids always love the park.


P is become such a great climber!


And Em, well she is just dang cute!


Well, that marks the end of our trip, at least according to my camera.

I busted it out the first day and that was it! Luckily Janneke snapped a few of the weeks adventures. Thanks Janneke!

They started out with a "Surprise" party and invited a bunch of our Utah friends. It was so fun! We hung out, ate food and cheered on our BYU Cougs in an AMAZING win by the way. I'm pretty sure it was because of us.

The main reason we went out there was to go to General Conference but that didn't work out so we spent the weekend watching them all on TV just like we would have at home except we were surround by some of our best friends!

The kids did surprisingly well during all 4 session. And thanks to Janneke's neighbor we were even able to go on a little group date between sessions on Saturday to our beloved Cafe Rio. It was awesome! When we packed we new we were not going to go to Conference so we didn't pack any church clothes, totally fine right. WRONG! The men have to dress up for Priesthood. Whoops! Poor Jeff had to wear pants that were too long, a shirt that was too big, and white slip-on Vans. We told them if anyone asked to just introduce him as an investigator. lol. It was quite the sight.

After priesthood we headed up to SLC to hit up The PIE with some of our other friends. It was delicious as always and fun to hang out with our friends without the kids in tow (Thanks Danny and Janneke!)

Other than Conference we spent the rest of the time laughing so hard we cried. No Joke.


We played lots of games! Loaded Questions is our group favorite and we played until about 2 am each night. We also tossed Farkle, Tripoly, and Partini into the mix to switch things up a little but Loaded Questions definitely took the cake for greatest laughs and memories.

Our kiddos had a blast together too!

They played so well together. C is right in the middle of P and Em (9 months younger than P and 5 months older than Em). They ran, they screamed, they laughed, they were 3 peas in a pod and best buds by the end of the week. After we came home P kept asking for C. So cute!


And it was great to me to have some real face time with one of my best buds of all time.

Thanks so much for an amazing weekend, we are SO glad we came!

(Minus the fact that on the way home we had to stop at 3 am and buy chains when we were less than 3 hrs from home. Darn snow! O-well, just another adventure to add to one great trip!)

Comments

Janneke said…
YAY! Such a great post. I may have to save this one for my record books. Good memories --- (I've been waiting for this one hehehe)

Love ya! Can't wait til our next adventure!
Rachel Wilson said…
Ah the memories! That was such a fun weekend! I'm so glad you guys came and played with us so much!

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...