We did a lot of fun things this July!
We went to the Movies
Took P to the movies for the first time. During the summer the local theaters show movies for only $1! I'll take it! We saw Kung Fu Panda, one of his favorite movies. He had a blast. Here he is with his date, I mean... best friend. Aren't they cute! We were only able to go once this summer, but I am thinking next summer we will go lots since Em will be old enough to come and enjoy too.

We went to a Baseball Game
Our good friends came to town so we met up with them at a Giants vs. Mets game. What is summer without baseball! It was so great to see them and their little girl and to go out without our kiddos for a change. We love you Matt and Leslie!

We were silly
Of course, on a daily basis we are silly and just every once in a while I catch it on film. Here is P with Em's pants on his head.

We went swimming
We love swimming! I really planned on taking the kids more than we ended up going, but one adult + two water happy toddlers is a little scary! It would be fine if they did the same things in the water but they both head off in different directions. But the times we went we all had a blast! Aside from that time P slipped on the wet tile in the water and cracked his head open on the concrete. He was fine, it didn't bleed very much, the biggest problem was that he didn't want to go home after it happened. Luckily it didn't scare him away from the water. Hopefully next year we will go more often especially since we are members of a pool that is only a block away!

We were introduced to the Awesomeness of Contra Loma
Some of our friends invited us to go to this awesome place in Antioch. It is basically a pool with sand in it so the kids can play in the sand and water without the fear of waves and undertows; there are even lifeguards. We had a great time!

This is how Jeff "gets up" with the kids
Some Saturdays Jeff lets me sleep in. I crack up when I come out to find this scene, Jeff asleep on the coach with the kids watching a movie. I'm not mocking, I've done this my fair share of times too, but it made me laugh. Don't judge him too hard, on the days he doesn't go back to sleep he wakes me up to Chocolate Chip Pancakes in bed. What a great hubby I have!
This is one of P's and now Em's favorite games. They grab blankets and pillows and pretend to sleep, snoring and heavy breathing included. They are so cute. It is fun to see their imaginations start to grow.

Dress Up
Well, P doesn't actually like to dress up, but he does LOVE wearing our shoes. There was a time where he would pull out every single shoe in our closet and try them on. This night he was especially fascinated with a pair of one of daddy's work shoes.

We attempted Potty Training
One day P really wanted to wear his big boy undies. Unfortunately it was a one time thing. I'm not really sure what to do. He was consistently going potty any time I brought it up but never #2, and he would never tell me on his own either. Even when he is in underwear he just goes and then tells me after he went but the wet underwear still doesn't bother him. So for now we are waiting again and I think I will end up training both P and Em at the same time. But doesn't his little bottom look so cute in these undies?

First Ball Pit
One day we took at trip to IKEA with Grandma and GG. After we were all done shopping GG took us out to lunch at this cool multicultural market type place. It was fun to wonder around and see all the different types of food. It was so hard to pick what I wanted. P got a hot dog which he was loving until he dropped it on the ground. Bummer! But when we went potty we found this awesome ball pit. P jumped in and LOVED it! We will have to find another one soon.

Played outside
We love to be outside! Once they put in a patio in the back yard we were out there all the time. Coloring with chalk, swinging on swings, digging in the dirt, it is all so much fun! I love our huge windows because I can still get things done inside while the kids are outside playing. It also allowed P and Em discovered how fun windows can be when you are on opposite sides.

Summer is the by far my favorite season. I'm glad we were able to do so much this summer. The only thing we didn't do that I wanted to go camping. Hopefully next summer!

Comments