Skip to main content

It's a . . .

GIRL!!!
Can you believe it!!?? I feel like I'm dreaming. I honest and truthfully would have been thrilled to death if it was a boy too, but now that I know I cant even tell you how excited I am!!!

We went shopping today and I was ooo-ing and aw-ing over all of the ADORABLE little girl clothes! Too bad we are so poor! HAHA! But really it is going to be so fun!

Here area couple of the Ultrasound pictures we got. We didn't get very good ones this time, but that's ok, the most important thing is that she is completely healthy!

And right one track to make her arrival on May 31st!



This one was so cute! We were actually just finishing everything up and the tech was just looking at everything one more time and then all of the sudden she brought her hand to her mouth, you can see her little fingers there in a fist right below her chin. So cute and a great profile shot!

She was pretty active during the whole thing, I've actually been feeling her move for weeks now. Since I knew what to expect I first started feeling movement at 14 weeks. It was scares but the last couple of weeks it has definitely picked up and gotten much stronger. Feeling the baby move NEVER gets old! Anyway, here is a shot of one of her legs and the other little foot and even her toes!

And for those of you who were curious about the Poll, the final count was 30 (boy) to 28 (girl) Which kind of made me laugh because girl was in the lead everyday until yesterday.

Here is me at 20 weeks with both pregnancies


Parker/little lady
(Sorry I'm not wearing the best shirt to show off my belly)


And here is a shot of me at 20 weeks. Once again, I'm not popping quite as much as I did at this time with Parker. O yeah! And another relief was to learn that her head is NOT on track to be in the 99% like my little man. Lol! I know that sounds silly but when we had our ultrasound for Parker, the first words out of her mouth, NO JOKE, were "WOW! That's a BIG Head!!!" Imagine my thoughts there on out for what giving birth would be like! HAHA! But this little angel is right on track with a much smaller head thank goodness! That means delivering her will be a piece of cake right! (HAHA!! I wish!)

Well, today was truly a perfect day!! I hardly slept last night, I guess because I was so excited. But we woke up excited and ready to go. Jeff's brother came over and watched Parker for us while we had the ultrasound which was a big help (with flu season being so bad, no children are allowed in the doctors office). We obviously had a wonderful time at the ultrasound. That technology is seriously amazing!

We came home to a happy little guy and got him all ready for his first haircut! It went well and while we were at it we all got our hair cut. I was just going to get some side, swooping bangs but decided to get a trim while I was there. Well, the trim turned into layers and it went on and on and I ended up getting a lot more cut then I was expecting/wanting. I was really loving my long hair, I just wanted the bangs to give it a little more interest. Well, at first I really liked it, but after showering and drying it, I feel like I have a MULLET! And i'm kinda depressed about it. O-well, i have learned hair grows back, and perhaps i'll get used to it.

After the haircut we decided to head up to Park City Outlets for some celebratory spending! :) We had originally planned on going Monday since it is a holiday, but I forgot I had to work so that didn't work. Even though it was kind of late we decided to take off. We had a great time and found WAY too many good deals! Luckily we had Christmas and Birthday money to spend, so it didn't hurt our pockets too much. But i'm really excited about the things we got.

It was a PERFECT day! And so great to get out and spend time with my hubby. He is the best! In fact he is WAY too good to me. Here is a perfect example, I decided to poke my head in Banana Republic because I like their clothes but I NEVER get anything because it is WAY out of my price range. Well to my surprise they had shirts/sweaters/blouses that are normally $60+ for $10!!! And they fit me great!! For the first time in a LONG time I actually felt good about my body again. When I told him I was having a hard time narrowing it down he told me "then don't" What!! Seriously! What husband says that to a super excited, especially happy wife! lol. Mine! But I was still able to narrow it down to 3 which I feel great about since I got 3 items for the half the price one normally is. WOO HOO!! Jeff is the best!!

Well, this is coming out WAY longer than I was planning and I'm sure most of you stopped reading long ago, but this is mostly for my own records sake. I want to remember this day, it was a PERFECT and WONDERFUL day!! I am so blessed!

Comments

Brad and Hailey said…
That's awesome! Congrats on your new girl!!! I am so excited you are excited! She's due on Angela's first birthday! ;) So exciting!
I'm just so excited for you! I hope that before you guys move back to California I might have some cute little girl things to pass on to you!
Janthony said…
Hooray hooray hooray! I'm so excited for you!
Rachel said…
CONGRATS! That is so exciting!!! I'm so excited for you!
Kelsey said…
When I saw your facebook status talking about a gender poll, I obviously I had to see if you had a blog! :)

Congrats on having a girl, you are going to LOVE shopping for girl clothes! It is and probably always will be my biggest weakness.
Sarah and Scott said…
Congratulations! How fun!
Holly said…
Congratulations! So happy to hear that the baby is healthy! A think a boy and a girl is a perfect little family. :)
Amber said…
CONGRATULATIONS! I am horrible at commenting on blogs, but I read yours all the time and love your goodness, honesty, positive attitude, etc... Being the mom of a girl I can tell you it will be fun, and maybe a little dramatic at times around age two (and beyond) :) I am so happy for you guys and happy three years to you too... I always think about you guys on December 30th. Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy!

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...