Skip to main content

Boy or Girl?

It's that time again!! Can you believe I'm already half way there!?! I sure cant! Our ultrasound is next week and we can hardly wait! I didn't do a poll last time, but I think it is fun when other people have them so I decided to do one. So please take a vote! I'm curious to see what you think so feel free to leave a comment as well.

I honestly have NO IDEA!! And I can say I will be 100% happy either way. A boy would be great because we already have everything for him and he and Parker would be best buds! But a girl would also be wonderful because I do want a girl at some point so it would be nice not to hope for a girl if you know what I mean. Plus I LOVE those frilly little dresses for babies! And I know she would be a big help around the house when she is older.

Anyway, only time will tell! Here are some of the old wives tale things that I have had throughout this pregnancy so far as well as a picture comparison of both pregnancies at 17 weeks (they look pretty similar to me).


  • Not sick at all - maybe 3 nauseous days total but no throwing up (please don't hate me)
  • More energy then last time
  • Started showing later (but that could just be because I was much heavier to start this one)
  • I have no appetite, I just eat because I need to
  • Less moody then last time
  • Less tired then last time
  • I can never have to many chips and salsa
I cant really think of anything else. It really hasn't even felt like I have been pregnant. I'm kind of starting to now, but that is just because I'm starting to pop. So I will be grateful for that. I look forward to finding out. I am even more anxious this time then last time! I cant wait!

What do you think??
(Please comment because the poll doesn't tell me who votes what)

Comments

Jennifer said…
i am going to guess a girl. congrats on the second addition
Charla Ann said…
I am also going to guess a girl. :)
tdyhtrfyhrt;hjr said…
I totally think it's going to be a girl!
Jessica said…
I guess girl too!!
Brad and Hailey said…
I think boy ... but I don't know. Can't wait to find out!
Kim said…
I think boy. Parker needs a little buddy. I guess a girl can be his buddy but I still think boy!
Holly said…
Girl.
Rebecca, thanks for telling me about your blog on facebook. I added you to my blog list. My blog is:
http://hollythatcher.blogspot.com/
I can't believe someone I used to babysit is going to be a mother of 2! Congrats! It's fun to see you grow up. :)
Katrina said…
haha! Looks like I'm with the majority! I'm going with girl! :) Only because of your experiences compared to mine. This pregnancy is LOTS harder than my first one...so maybe boys are just tougher in the womb! :) haha

Can't wait to find out!

When do you actually find out?
I voted a girl... but that's just because I think it'd be cool for you guys to have one of each :) BTW, you look amazing! Let us know wha it is as soon as you know!
Nicole said…
I guessed boy... but who knows! And just so you know it is kinda hard to not hate you a little bit (at the same time I could Never hate you!) for only feeling nauseous 3 days!!!!! Lucky girl!
Daniel and Lisa said…
I vote a boy. Judging on the odds in Jeff's family, it's just a hunch. But I'm excited for you to find out next week!! WAY exciting!!!
wow, good job girl! Having two close together is really tough I hear, but I think in general that having two is SO much more fun than having just one child. Anyway, I guess boy. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!
Sara said…
by your symptoms I would say boy. But my instincts tell me girl. So girl is my final guess!
Sara said…
oh and I am with Rebecca and Eric... having two is harder, but SO much more fun. My days fly by now.
Sarah and Scott said…
I'll go with boy. Since I have two so far and love it!

Popular posts from this blog

What to pack . . .

So now that he really could come ANY DAY I figured it was probably time for me to pack my bag. I of course have one of those "What to bring" checklist, but I was wondering what your thoughts where. Is there anything you wish you had brought but didn't? Is there anything you would have died without if you hadn't brought it? I'm just so clueless! A few tips from you experienced mothers would be greatly appreciated!! I cant believe it is so close!!

Have you noticed?

I need a haircut ASAP! This is me saying, "I'll smile if you ignore my hair." Don't get me wrong, I am really excited I have long hair, I love having long hair , but it needs a little TLC. It has been a few months since I have even got a trim and I am still re-couping from a not so good hair cut. The last few times I have really CUT my hair, not just a trim, I was not pleased with the results. Now it would probably help if I was willing to pay more than $10 for a hair cut . . . but I'm Mrs. High Pockets as my father calls me and it is really hard for me to spend money on my hair. So I need your help! What do you think I should do? Before you make any suggestions you should know: It MUST be able to go back into a ponytail!!!!!!! My hair is STICK STRAIGHT My hair will not curl to save my life (via over night curls, hot curls, even curling irons, they just don't work) I want and need something EASY! I do not like to spend time on my hair and I don...

No Use Crying Over Spilled Milk . . .

So being an emotional pregnant woman is definitely taking its tole on both me and Jeff (what a wonderful, patient, and understanding man he is). Saturday morning I was so excited because for the first time in weeks we actually had a morning together. I had planned to make us a delicious breakfast just like my dad always did for me. We had Eggs, Hashbrowns, and even Bacon; we were so excited. So I started cooking the bacon first, knowing it would take the longest. Then when I thought they were close to being done, Jeff started cooking the eggs and I threw on the hashbrowns. Well, needless to say, the eggs finished super fast and the others were not even close. And then to add more to my frustration the pan I was using for the hashbrowns was awful! Despite my many tablespoons of butter the entire thing was completely stuck! I switched pans in the middle to try to save them. In the meantime Jeff ate his eggs so they wouldn't get cold. I insisted on waiting so I could eat th...