Skip to main content

This is Now

So I have been sitting here with Blogger open for over an hour now trying to decide which post to write.  Then I realized I really do not want to dig through old pictures and rack my brain trying to remember what happened, when it happened, and how we were feeling when it happened.  Instead, I'm just going to tell you that little miss has 2 teeth.  They just broke the skin today so I guess they are more like sharp nubs than they are like teeth, but we are excited!  She took teething a little harder than the other 2 did.  Last week was a rough week for her and now we know why.
She needed lots of extra snuggles, but I did not mind one bit!  We are all so excited.  I let the kids feel them and the look on their faces was priceless.  Watching a human grow really is the coolest thing!

I also wanted to mention that right now the P man is all boy.  He is all about running, climbing, wrestling, jumping, crashing, and dirt.  I love it all.  He is also the greatest big brother in all the land.  Seriously, he is so good and sweet to his sisters.  Here is a perfect example.  The other day we were at Gymnastics.  We were waiting for it to start and I had just fed Riley and then put her to sleep.  The kids were playing quietly as they waited for class.  Pretty soon the other kids came and they were being kinda loud and Parker so sweet went up to her and said, "We need to talk quietly because my sister is sleeping."  Seriously, it melted my heart!  I love this boy.  He is a stud!
 
Jeff is in full fledged busy season now which means we hardly get to see each other.  :(  On Friday's they try to get home at a decent hour (7:00pm) so he at least gets to tuck the kids into bed and we get one night together.  When we went out to The Melting Pot for our Anniversary, it made me realize how perfect a meal Fondue is for a date.  So we decided to start Fondue Friday!  Each week we will try a new recipe.  I buy the ingredients but we cook it together and then enjoy it together.  So far we have tried two new Cheese recipes and they were fabulous!  This week Jeff wants to do a chocolate, so no doubt this week will be great too! It is such a fun new tradition, I hope we keep it up all year, there certainly are enough recipes out there.

In other news, this little miss has been coloring ALL DAY, EVERYDAY lately.  She is really starting to master those fine motor skills.  She used to color everything whatever color she wanted.  Now she finds a book or in this case a ball with the picture on it and copies what color eyes, hair, clothes they are wearing.  I think it is adorable.  She always wants me to color with her too.  Despite the fact that coloring is not my favorite thing to do, we have lots of fun together and it is usually where we have our best conversations.

Riley LOVES baths.  She is trying so hard to figure out what this thing called water is.  She cracks me up because she not only reaches for the water streams but she also sticks her tongue out and laps it like a dog.  i love it!

This kid loves to learn and love even more to succeed.  He always wants to do all his books by himself.  It is rare that he even asks me for instructions on how to do each page.  If I start telling him he always interrupts me and says "I already know how!"  So i just sit back and watch in amazement.  This page required they finish the pattern by drawing the shapes and then coloring them the appropriate color.  I knew he knew his shapes, but I did not know he knew how to draw them on his own. 

Em also loves these workbooks.  It is a good thing she got a lot of them for Christmas because the little ones with like 15-20 pages she will just sit down and do every page in one sitting. My crazy kids already like homework and they aren't even in school yet! 

After 5 months I finally started exercising.  I figured I've been the same weight since after about week 4 postpartum and the rest of the weight is not going anywhere so I better change something.  We all know my diet is not going to change (although I did just watch Hungry for Change and it has almost inspired me) so working out it is.  I usually just do a 30 minute Jillian Michaels video in the morning right after I put Riley down for her first nap.  The first day I did it the kids just stared in wonder and asked, 
"What are you doing?"  
"Why are you doing this?
"Why are you stopping but they aren't?"
"Are you tired?"
Clearly me working out is foreign to them.  haha! Also, I had no clue that they would be the toughest trainers around.  I didn't do it one day (I think it was even a Sunday) and when I went to do it the next day right after the video ended Parker told me, "Do it again mom!"  When I asked why he said because I missed a day I had to do it twice!  Tough crowd!!  I finally got into the swing of things and was doing it everyday, they started doing it along with me.  It has promoted lots of good little chats on health.  I forgot how much I really do enjoy exercising, now why don't I do it more often?  I guess the 3 kid thing kinda takes up some of my time, but really I should squeeze it in more.

This little girl is just getting so big!
She started swinging and loved it!

 I was prepping dinner one night this week while the kids were dancing to songs and I hear Em shout, "Parker!  Look at my chesties!!"Obviously my ears perked up and I went in there to see what on earth was going on.  "Chesties" is not a word if you didn't know, Em just came up with that one all on her own.  Also, I'm quite worried about the fact that she is stuffing her shirt at the ripe old age of 3!  This girl is going to keep me on my toes and I think her father is considering getting a shotgun already.

This bad boy finally came in the mail making everything official.  Despite the fact that the hubs past the test almost 4 years ago, he finally filled out the paper work.  You are free to call him a CPA now.  Woot woot!  So proud of him! 

Sometimes I try to eat healthy.  I'm actually in the market for a Juicer.  Anyone have one that they recommend?  After watching a documentary I really do want to make some food changes.  I'm not planning on cold turkeying the whole thing yet, but slowly adding more good foods and trying to take out those processed foods.  Wish me luck!

Here is the boy again being super smart.  He figured out each letter on his own by sounding it out.  If he got stuck on one I just gave him an example of another word that starts with that letter and then he would figure it out.  His smarts seriously blow my mind. 

Sometimes we get creative when walking. Pushing/carrying 4 kids in total is quite the work out I might add.  I don't feel bad for skipping Jillian today at all!  Can you spot Riley in the top pic?
Getting creative with the other stroller and a sleeping baby.  Turns out when you play at the park for 4 hours you get tired and want a ride.  I don't blame them.

These two.  There are not enough words. I sure do love them!  I'm so glad they are very best friends.

Sometimes me and the hubs do actually get to go out on a real date.  Jeff's work party in the city.  So much fun! 
And sometimes I feel pretty good about my post 3 baby body. 

And once in a blue moon all is right in the world and these 3 play nicely and quietly by themselves.
It might only last 5 minutes, but it is a much needed and appreciated 5 minutes!

So there it is, this is now.  
Sure it is crazy.  
Sure it is busy.  
Sure my house is a total disaster.
But I would not trade it for the world.

Comments

Jessica said…
I love your posts! Now about juicers: I had a jack lallane (spelling? ) from Costco years ago which was OK, but it is a blade juicer which creates heat which breaks down the nutrients in the juice faster AND it was no good at juicing leafy greens. They would just get shredded up and barely get any juice from it. Good veggies are expensive so I wasnt quite digging the leaves that were being wasted (you can tell when you look in the pulp bucket and see all those good sized leaves). Those ares the reasons I got an Omega juicer (from bed bath and beyond). It uses compression to crush the juice out of the veggies so if is so much better at juicing leaves and creates less heat. No matter what brand, I think that extraction method is the best. I got the vertical one but they also have a horizontal one (I swear there is a difference) and that one might have an attachment so you can make your own nut butters. Hope that helps!
Colleen said…
I love your posts! You are an awesome mom and I can only hope to be half as creative with my little man as he gets older as you are with your kids :)

We have a Ninja blender Tom picked up from Target when he was studying nutrition and on a juicing kick for a bit and it is an AWESOME juicer. I totally recommend it. It even has an attachment for dough mixing that makes making pizza dough a breeze.
Rachel said…
I love the updates!
I've watched that documentary as well, though I can't remember which one that was, because we've watched a bunch. Is that the one that they show the chickens being murdered? Because that one still makes me not want to eat meat....
In other news, your body looks AMAZING for not working out much yet. Holy cow. You look great, and I'm sure you're going to look even more amazing if you're getting into an exercise routine.
Also, my Emi is doing the same thing...coloring all day everyday. I really do have to tell her to stop and go play for a bit. Or should would color all day long. We need to get them together and let them color to their hearts content. Moving to Oregon anytime soon?

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...