Skip to main content

Riley is 5 Months

This adorable little miss is 5 months old already.
Seriously, where does time go?
I know I say this every month, but she is seriously THE BEST baby!
 I mean look at her! Have you ever seen such a smiley baby?
I adore her!
 Here is a little about what she is up to these days:
She is a CHUNK weighing in at 17.4 lbs
She can roll, but usually doesn't
I think it is because she actually enjoys tummy time
She LOVES to laugh.  I remember with the other two we would have to work so hard to get the slightest chuckle out of them but with her you can basically just look at her and she will start laughing.  I love it!  
She is starting to take longer naps during the day which is nice
At night she usually goes from 7-midnight and then usually has one more feeding about 3:30 am.  I'm so ready to drop that one!!
 She actually can sit by herself for a decent amount of time.  I'm so impressed!  
But if she gets too excited she falls over.  
Here she is showing off her sitting skills. 
She recently started doing this double leg kick when she is laying on her back.
She gets excited and just throws those legs around, it is so cute.
She can transfer objects from hand to hand.
She can pick up her binky and put it in her mouth
She actually can play with her toys now
 She is still a drooling machine but no sign of teeth yet.
She love to chew on EVERYTHING! 
Especially the sides of her binky and mama's fingers.
All you need to do is look at this girl and you will get the biggest grin. 

So far she is still just eating mommy's milk.  We attempted rice cereal one time...

 She obviously didn't like it.  Haha!
She is starting to seem very interested in our food so we will probably try again soon.

So if you can't tell we are just LOVING this little miss.  
Anytime the other two are miss behaving I just lock myself in my room with her and smile and talk to her.  She sure brightens my day and is sometimes the one who gets me through the day.
I feel so blessed to be her mommy!

It has been a while since I have done a comparison picture so here it is.  
 So far Riley is the biggest both in height and weight.
She definitely looks like both of them, but I think more like Parker than Em.
And I think she is our prettiest baby (shhh... don't tell the others).
Anyway, we sure to love our Smiley Riley!  I wish time would freeze right here for her, this is such a fun age!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...