Skip to main content

SURPRISE!!!

 Did you know I have THE BEST FRIENDS in the whole world?
Because I do.  Let me explain.
You see, my birthday is 4 days after Christmas.  As a kid I got used to it.  My childhood best friend spent the night every year.  All my other friends were off spending the holidays with their families and my two other best friends who did stick around town had parents with my same birthday. So I never had a big birthday party.  One year my mom threw me a big fancy dinner with all my friends and that was really special.  That was either my 16th or 18th birthday.  But other than that my birthdays were usually very quiet (not that that is a bad thing), my family spoiled me, but I was sad that I rarely got to celebrate with friends.

Once I got older I thought maybe that would change, but it turns out even now as parents most of my friends travel to be with their family for the holidays.  I don't blame them, I do to.  This year one of my dearest friends remembered my birthday and new she was going to be out of town for it so she invited me out to dinner with her.  I felt so special and made sure Jeff was home in time for me to go out with her.  I was really looking forward to going out with her and enjoying a nice dinner and some great conversation.  Then when I showed up...

SURPRISE!!!
(I have a video but I'm having trouble uploading it)

As about 15 of my wonderful friends pop out of hiding and tell me happy birthday.  I was seriously SO SURPRISED! I was not expecting it AT ALL!  Totally brought tears to my eyes.  It made me feel so special.  They had planned a fondue dinner and dessert.  It was fabulous.  And then as if the surprise and dinner wasn't enough they made it a favorite things party and I got one of EVERYONE's favorite things.  It was seriously the best birthday party ever!
I was spoiled with candy, makeup, lotions, soaps, earrings and so much more.  These people have good taste!  It truly was an amazing night and I feel so blessed to call all these wonderful ladies my friends!  They each inspire me to be a better mother, wife, and friend.  I love you ladies!!  And Thank You just doesn't seem enough for all you have done for me.

This seemed to be the perfect start to my "Golden Year" (i turned 29 on the 29th).  I've decided I'm going to make this year one of my best yet which is a pretty tall order because I have had 29 awesome years.  This year I want to give more service, have more patience with my children, be a better wife, and just do a better job of bringing joy to others.

When my actual birthday rolled around the kid really wanted to make my birthday cake, so daddy helped them do that.   
 I love how it turned out and I love that they wanted to do it for me!  They see me make cake for so many people we love so it makes me feel so loved knowing they wanted to do the same for me.  I have the sweetest kids.

We had a wonderful dinner with both mine and Jeff's family.  Delicious food and being surrounded by the ones who love me the most.  

I got some wonderful gifts including some new make up.


These awesome curlers that are so easy to use and worked great!

 The before and after shots.

I also got a gift certificate to go learn how to make chocolates & a new wallet.

I dare say I'm starting the year off with a bang.  I truly feel so blessed be be surround by amazing friends and family.  I pray this year that I can be as good to you and you are to me.  I often feel I don't deserve such great blessings.  Thank you for being a part of my life and for making everyday so special!

So it was indeed a Very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me!
Now I'm off to make my last year in my twenties amazing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...