Skip to main content

Remember When: Life according to my old phone

Yet another photo dump but from who even knows how long ago.  
My phone wasn't cool enough to save the date on these pictures, but most happened during 2012.
Just a random mix of moments I didn't want to miss.
Can you believe how much my kids have changed!

Remember when music time was over but the kids didn't want to go home yet so we wondered around the building grounds for over an hour?

Remember when I cut my finger with my new bread knife and had to get stitches for the first time ever?

Remember when one of our close family friends got home from his mission to Russia and got my dad this awesome hat?

Remember when we went on a trip to Utah with my parents?
Remember how Em thought wearing my scarf was the coolest thing since sliced bread?
Remember how Em managed to lock herself in our room with the door latch on?
Remember how much I love BYU Basketball?

Remember when P got this awesome motor bike for his birthday but he was too afraid to ride it?
Remember how his little sister showed him how it was done?

Remember how watching a movie on Grandma and Grandpa's bed is one of the coolest things ever? 

Remember how the park used to be one of our favorite places?
Oh, wait, it still is.

Remember when our best friends went to England and let us "store" their piano for 2 years?
Remember how much the kids loved it?
Remember how much I loved it?

Remember how we went to the Library every Tuesday for story time?
Remember when P decided he was big enough to walk there too?
Remember how we stayed at the park for hours and hours, long after all our friends had gone?

Remember how even though we don't go here very often, this is one of their favorite parks?
Remember how on this day we actually saw a kid pull his pants down and poop on the park?
Maybe that is why we don't go there very often.

Remember how excited the kids are to check out and return books from the library?
Remember when Em actually let me put bows in her hair?
Pretty sure this is one of the cutest pics ever.


Remember when P had "mommy school" and so me and Em indulged in a Shamrock Shake?

Remember when the kids spent an entire hour just running up and down this hill?
Remember how big their smiles were?

Remember how P had a train party?
Remember how even a year later he still asks to draw train tracks on the ground to drive on?


Remember how Em loves to find hiding spots, especially at Grandma & Grandpa's?

Remember when we rode BART all the way to the SF Airport to welcome a cousin home from his mission?
Remember how the kids passed out on the way home? 

Remember potty training?
It's the worst!

Remember how the P-man totally scratched up his face?
I wish I could remember how..
Remember how popsicles and friends make everything better?


Remember the first time we got the kids fast food?
Remember how excited they were about the play place?

Remember how they love to go on nature walks and explore the plants, bugs, and animals?

Remember how silly Em looks in these glasses?
Remember how much she loved wearing them?

Remember when we discovered how awesome the puddles get at the Library?
Remember how their clothes were completely soaked?
Remember how I poured a full cup of water out of each shoe?

Remember the first time P ever climbed a tree? 

Remember how obsessed the kids were with grandpa's fountains?
Remember when they thought it was a good idea to drink from them like a dog?

Remember how the "sample store" is one of our favorite outings?

Remember how Em learned how to climb a ladder super young?
Remember how it used to scare all the other parents?
Remember when we got the kids their own sun glasses and I could not stop looking at them?

Remember when Em would color on everything except paper?

Remember when the kids asked Grandma and Grandpa to walk to the park with us and they did?

Remember when we went to our Hotel Home?

Remember when Em took a shirt off one of her stuffed animals and pretended it was a real shirt?

Remember how Em looked adorable on the 4th of July?

Remember when we went back to our hotel home?
Remember how Em fell in the water so she got to run around naked the rest of the time?
Remember how much she loved it?
Remember how there was a shark warning on our last day there?

Remember when the boys were on the dodger trip so Em and Mom got to have a super special bath at Grandma's house?

Remember when Krispy Kreme celebrated their birthday and we decided to join in the fun?

Remember when we found an awesome kids place in our city and decided to check it out?
Remember how the kids loved?
Remember how I could not get them off these little Roller Coasters?

Remember when we went to visit Grandma after her surgery and found this awesome park?
Remember how insanely tall that slide was?

Remember when we chalked Grandma's house for her birthday?

Remember when we voted for President?

Remember when I hosted preschool for letter K?
Remember how much the kids loved making kisses with that lipstick?
Remember how much they loved flying their kites?


Remember how Em can find anything sweet?
Remember how she begs for you to give her some?
Remember how she screams bloody murder if you don't?

Remember how many leaves fall off our trees?
Remember how much the kids love it?
Remember how the kids are the best garbage can jumpers ever?

Remember how Grandma makes candy trains with the kids at Christmastime?
Remember how we surprise a friend with one?

Remember how music time is one of our favorite things?
Especially at Christmastime.

Remember how cute Em was at 18 months?
Remember how awesome our Costco Tree was?

Remember when all I wanted for my birthday was to go to the temple with my hubby?
And ice cream.


Remember that time you made it all the way through this ridiculously huge post?  I'm proud!  But really, so glad I had these little moments that I wasn't able to capture on my "real" camera.  It is so fun to look back and see how much has changed in a year or two.  Life sure is sweet.

Comments

Liz said…
These are awesome pictures. Em's hair in a little bob was darling! I remember a lot of those things! And your kids will remember them too!! You're amazing.
UMMM, this was so stinking adorable! I loved this. You are such a cute fun mom, I love how positive you are.
I loved this post! I can't believe how big the kids have gotten! And yes, potty training is gross! ~Rosa
Daniel and Lisa said…
This is a great idea! I have so many 'lost' pictures, and then I remember that I took it with my phone. Your kids are so adorable, and smart!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...