Skip to main content

More Preschool Fun

So clearly I wrote this post a LONG TIME AGO, but here it is anyway.  Still need to post about Preschool Graduation.  Trying to get all caught up before baby comes.

I really cannot believe how quickly these weeks are going by!
The kids LOVE school.
They love talking about all the fun things they do there.
They love the new friends they are making
They love showing me all the stuff they make and they are so proud of it!
I am so glad they had the opportunity to be a part of this great little program.

Week 6: Animals

The kids already loved animals to begin with, but getting to dress up and pretend to be that animal magnified that love!  They had fun talking about many different kinds of animals, making some cute crafts, and even got to go on a African Safari!  I love how this program fosters their imagination!  

P looking like a cat and Em a cow.

P's stash

Em's stash

Dressed and ready for a safari!

 Week 7: Spring

This week was so fun for them.  They talked about flowers, butterflies, and chicks.  They even got to do a little Easter Egg hunt and got all sorts of goodies.  They dressed as bunnies & flowers, made cool little parachute people & talked a lot about the books this week.  Great week at school!

My little flowers.

Em's Stash

P's Stash

P is getting so good at coloring!  Look at how well he stayed in the lines.

A few more crafts from both of them.

My little bunnies.  

Week 8: Careers

This was a fun week for the kids complete with a few field trips.  They took a trip to the school Library, Auto Shop, Office, & Nurse.  They learned about many different occupations and pretended to be them!  So much fun for them.

Em's Stash

P writing his name from bottom to top in a circle.  lol.  
Also note the coloring in the lines again.

P's Stash

Week 9: Transportation

This was one of the kids favorite weeks for sure!  They even got to bring their bikes to school one day!  Can life get any better for a preschooler than that... i submit it cannot.  The crafts were so much fun too.  The kids LOVE their personalized cars as well as their Airplane wings.  They also talked about some safety things during this week as well.  The kids really loved it!

Em's Stash

P's Stash

Some of my Favorites from the week.  
The Hot Air Balloons are my very favorite, I'm sad the picture wouldn't turn around, but you get the idea.

Showing off their Cars and Airplane wings

Week 10: Multi-Cultrual

This week they learned about many different countries and cultures   I think their favorite was Pacific Islander.  They loved the surfboards and leis.  I think the topic over all was a little over their heads.  When I would ask them what they learned they didn't really know.  But I am glad that it was a start to expose them to other cultures and they still had fun doing it, even if they didn't know what they were doing.  :)

Em's Stash

P's Stash

Another awesome coloring job from P.

P's interpretation of the World.  Love it!

Hula Dancing
Week 11: Sports

Sadly, the kids missed this week of school due to our trip to Pismo.  P is so competitive, he would have LOVED IT!  O-well.  Maybe next year.

I'll talk about the last week with the Preschool Graduation Post.
This post is really for me because:

A: I love these ideas and want to remember them

B: So fun to see how far they have come in a few short weeks

C: But most importantly so I don't feel quite so guilty as I put the HUGE bag of all these crafts into the recycle bin.  Maybe I'll save a few of my favorites.  But really, what else am I going to do with THIS MUCH STUFF!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...