Skip to main content

Score the Explorer

 So last week there was a LOT of rain.  I don't know if you have heard, but I am NOT a rain person.  Apparently neither are my kids because the week was pretty much H -E -double hockey sticks.  We were all grumpy, impatient, and pretty much miserable.  I was not the mother I want to be, which made things even worse because I was even more down on myself then the rain was already making me.  It was just rough!  

So on Friday there was finally some sun so I decided to do something that I could let the kids just go crazy and have fun.  Somewhere I wouldn't have to tell them "NO" all the time.  We hopped into the stroller and walked over to the BART path that is near my house.  I pulled the kids out and just let them go!


They explored along the way as little kids do.  Bugs, birds, sticks, and flowers all along the way.  Parker is trying to teach Emily her colors, doesn't he look like such a great teacher.  :)  These yellow ones below were my favorite!  Anyone know what kind of flower they are?


Random Tangent:  
Every time I look at Em I think of this ...


Don't you see the similarities?  One bright blue eye staring at me and the other is covered by hair.  All I need to do is teach her the song: "He's a tramp, but they love him."


When we got to the BART station we stopped for snacks.  Then we wondered a little and found this awesome tunnel to play with.  The kids had a ball!



I put this picture of Em in only so I can remember that she was wearing Parker's Lion King underwear OVER her pants, which she put on herself (something P still hasn't even tried to do), and they are backwards, and she of course REFUSED to take them off.  You have to pick your battles right?
Silly Girl!
 After the awesome tunnel we ran down the hill and watched a couple of trains go by.  They were VERY close which the kids thought was pretty cool.


And here is Em just posing for the camera.  My little girl is not so little anymore.  OK, so really I guess physically she still is VERY little, but cognitively and skills wise she is getting big.  She literally can do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING she puts her mind to.  She doesn't get frustrated with failure, she just keeps trying.  She just recently started talking like CRAZY!  And in full sentences too.  It is still pretty hard for most people to understand, even I have no clue sometimes, but once again, she is patient and repeats things over, and over, and over for me until I get it.   Love this little miss!  She is a bundle of FUN!  And a bundle of fire, let's hope I can teach her how to keep it contained!  :)

This flower again, LOVE IT!  What is it?
After walking a full 2 miles on the BART path, and yes Parker did run/walk the entire 2 miles we headed back for home.  And stopped at the park for a little too just in case they didn't get enough energy out while running am-muck on the path.


I always wanted to try this.  I thought it was awesome, them ... not so much!  

While we were at the park we got a call from our friends saying they were going to PIXILAND.  We couldn't pass that up, especially since it is just right down the street.  So we ran home, grabbed my wallet, some bread ends for the ducks, and some more food for the kids because they had eaten everything I had prepared already and walked over to meet our friends.

We had such a great time!  We got to ride the Cars, the Carousel, and the train.  Then we fed the ducks too.  It was such a blast!  It made for one great morning.  On the way home the kids wanted to swing by G & G's to say hi, so we did.  We played and told them about all our adventures of the day and then headed home for some much needed naps.  We were gone from the house from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm. and the kids LOVED IT!  

In total we were gone 6 hours and I walked almost 5 miles.  I'm so glad I was able to dedicate a day just for them, they really needed it and so did I.  
I love my little explorers.  
We will have to do it again!  Maybe next time we will invite some friends to join us.  :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Pick us pick us! We'd love to go on an adventure with you guys! Maybe during spring break :) Rosa and kids.

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...