Skip to main content

Four Days of Bliss


(I've been really bad a taking pictures of us since the kids were born so here's a picture for memories sake)

The next day was New Year's Eve. We had a few friends over to play games and "ring in the new year." It was fun, even though there really was not much game playing. We all had kids, so it was a little crazy and most had to leave due to fussy children, but it was still great to hang out and have fun together. And thanks to the Hunts for lasting until midnight with us!

New Year's Day might have been the best of them all! My wonderful sister offered to watch the kids all day for us as her birthday/anniversary gift to us. It just might have been the greatest gift ever! It was funny as Jeff and I were deciding what we wanted to do on our all day adventure. Jeff said, "I just want to go! We could go to Safeway (a local grocery store) and I'd be totally satisfied!" I laughed and opted for Target instead. :) We love target and could wander the store for hours, and so we did. Since Em is still nursing we headed home after nap time to fill up the kids and then headed right back out the door. This time we went to Macy's to try and find me a new modest cocktail dress for Jeff's up coming work party. It was fun. We found 2 that we liked, but we didn't like them quite enough for the price if you know what I mean. After that we just wandered down town Walnut Creek and had fun just walking and talking. We ran to Panera where we got dinner for us and Rach, headed home to put the kids to bed and then took off for a movie. Now what movie did we see . . . Tangled! HAHA! There was nothing else that we wanted to see but we wanted to go to the movies. It was fun.!

And yesterday was our last day together. We went to church, my folks for dinner, played some games, came home, played with the kids, put them to bed, and then watched another movie together. Midnight came too quick and I tried to convince Jeff that if we didn't go to sleep tomorrow would never come. Unfortunately Jeff is too logical and didn't believe me. Which brings me to today .... The first day of busy season. I will not be seeing my husband until Saturday I'm guessing. We are interested to see how bad it will actually be. For now I will just assume that he will not get home until midnight. Then if he does happen to get home sooner, I will be pleasantly surprised. For now I will try to keep myself busy as to help the time pass quickly and be grateful for the 4 perfect years we have been practically glued at the hip.

Any suggestions of new hobbies I should take up?

Comments

Isn't Target great? :) Yeah, it's an adjustment. Hunter and I used to do everything together when we were in Provo. Then our "real" life started, and I found myself doing a whole lotta things by myself (with the constant noise of kids in the background :) But it's so worth it. And it sure makes you cherish the weekends. I start the countdown on Wednesdays... Hobbies? Scrapbooking :) I do sewing here and there. I read books from time to time. And I do couponing. I like it, and it's more of a game than anything. Good luck!
Janneke said…
I'm smiling from ear to ear for you. :) I am SOOOO happy you found a few happy days to restore your bank! How wonderful!!! I wish Jeff luck (and you and the kiddos of course!) on tax season.

Have you finished your scrapbooks? Ooh.. you should pick up sewing em some cute stuff! I found some free patterns on a website if you want the link. Tons of cute shoe patterns, bags/purses, etc etc. I think I downloaded like 40 something patterns! I was thinking about actually giving it a try sometime this year, but I have limited access to funds and resources for materials.

Miss ya tons! Wish I was closer to come hang out with you. And we missed playing games on New Years... luckily the Wilsons didn't already have plans that night otherwise it would have been just Danny and I. Tho awesome, not quite the same as with friends.
Nicole said…
Ahhh I am so happy for you! Times with hubbys are the best!
Hobbies.. my sister does a lot of simple sewing projects and loves it! Also, I know some people crochet REALLY cute things (like stuffed animals), and love that..
Sometimes I like to just stroll around Roberts and get ideas for fun little craft projects to do. I've done some really fun ones that way. Maybe make some cute seasonal Welcome signs for your door?
leah said…
Awww! Rebecca!! What a fun weekend it sounds like you had! It's crazy how much different dates can make you feel! I rarely get a babysitter/ time with just Matt and when it does happen I feel SO weird! Lol.

I agree with the sewing hobby :) It's so much fun (when i can sqeeze a few minutes in here and there).

I will pray for you and your adorable family that Jeff can get home at a decent time!

:D

Popular posts from this blog

What to pack . . .

So now that he really could come ANY DAY I figured it was probably time for me to pack my bag. I of course have one of those "What to bring" checklist, but I was wondering what your thoughts where. Is there anything you wish you had brought but didn't? Is there anything you would have died without if you hadn't brought it? I'm just so clueless! A few tips from you experienced mothers would be greatly appreciated!! I cant believe it is so close!!

Have you noticed?

I need a haircut ASAP! This is me saying, "I'll smile if you ignore my hair." Don't get me wrong, I am really excited I have long hair, I love having long hair , but it needs a little TLC. It has been a few months since I have even got a trim and I am still re-couping from a not so good hair cut. The last few times I have really CUT my hair, not just a trim, I was not pleased with the results. Now it would probably help if I was willing to pay more than $10 for a hair cut . . . but I'm Mrs. High Pockets as my father calls me and it is really hard for me to spend money on my hair. So I need your help! What do you think I should do? Before you make any suggestions you should know: It MUST be able to go back into a ponytail!!!!!!! My hair is STICK STRAIGHT My hair will not curl to save my life (via over night curls, hot curls, even curling irons, they just don't work) I want and need something EASY! I do not like to spend time on my hair and I don...

No Use Crying Over Spilled Milk . . .

So being an emotional pregnant woman is definitely taking its tole on both me and Jeff (what a wonderful, patient, and understanding man he is). Saturday morning I was so excited because for the first time in weeks we actually had a morning together. I had planned to make us a delicious breakfast just like my dad always did for me. We had Eggs, Hashbrowns, and even Bacon; we were so excited. So I started cooking the bacon first, knowing it would take the longest. Then when I thought they were close to being done, Jeff started cooking the eggs and I threw on the hashbrowns. Well, needless to say, the eggs finished super fast and the others were not even close. And then to add more to my frustration the pan I was using for the hashbrowns was awful! Despite my many tablespoons of butter the entire thing was completely stuck! I switched pans in the middle to try to save them. In the meantime Jeff ate his eggs so they wouldn't get cold. I insisted on waiting so I could eat th...