So I am sitting here starting to plan P's birthday. It is so fun and I am really excited about it. I really do want to make it a special day for him. Being that I have never been to a kids party (aside from when I was little) I have no clue what to plan for. So can you give me any tips?
I heard a good rule of thumb is however old they are turning, that is how many friends you should invite. So P will be turning 2, so that makes 2 friends. I think that makes sense, but he as 4 good friends that he knows really wells and asks to play with them everyday. Should I invite them all? Or should I stick with the 2? We will also have all the grandparents and great-grandparents here too.
Also, activities? Do I do any, or just let them play? I was thinking of doing a few simple things like coloring and stickers but pretty much just letting them run around.
Anyway, just curious of your thoughts, especially from those experienced party throwers. :)
Ooo, and this is our theme in case you have any awesome ideas. I already have a cake and a few ideas of my own, but I am always welcoming more!

Thanks!
Comments
Here's a link to my blog about Macey's 3rd b'day party, if you're interested.
http://mylifeaskelsey.com/?page=9