Skip to main content

A little Catch up

Merry (late) Christmas & Happy New Year
from the Score Family!

Not the best family picture, but hey, it is a family picture! We had a wonderful and VERY blessed Christmas! We are lucky enough to live very close to both sides of the family and 2 sets of grandparents! It is so fun for us and the kids. We were all spoiled rotten this year. I got Em a shirt a long time ago (like when I was pregnant with her last Christmas) that says "What Santa doesn't bring me, Grandma will!" And boy that is the truth! We are so grateful and had tons of fun with both sides of the family.
Em started out the opening of presents asleep, but soon woke up to join the fun. She especially enjoyed the ribbons and bows.

This year was the first year that we really got to play "Santa" and it was tons of fun! Here is P ready to run out and see what Santa had brought him.

When he got out to the living room and saw everything he didn't know what to say or even do. He was so excited and shouted for joy and then finally said "Ba-ket-ta" in our lingo that means Basketball.


Em was pretty excited about her knew books, but mostly just loves watching her big bro play. It was so fun to be able to have our own Christmas this year since we had our own place. It was just our little family and it was so fun! We of course are so glad to be able to spend the holidays with our parents as well, but it was the first time we were able to do the Christmas morning thing. It was fun and we are already excited for next year!

Parker especially loved doing "Star, Bead, Candy" which were three advent calenders my parents had for him. It was a great since he actually started to get what Christmas was all about. We have 2 toy nativity sets and he loved playing with them and talking to baby Jesus. It was so fun to watch him play and learn. He also learned a new phrase after opening the first gift, "Open it!" It is quite helpful to this day when he needs help with things! :)

Below is one of our Christmas gifts in action, an Ebelskiver pan. You may or may not know, the Score family are Pancake Connoisseurs. Lol, we love our pancakes morning, noon, and night! To give you a better understanding of how deep our love of pancakes is, let me just say that we went through at least 6 JUMBO Costco bags of Krusteaz our first year of marriage. You know, the one that is 10 lbs and last the normal family 6-12 months ... yeah, we can eat pancakes,

ANYWAY, when we discovered these filled pancakes, we were so excited! We got it for Christmas and put it to the test. (See Images below)

Don't they look Delicious!

I think the next picture say is all:

YUMMY!!


As of more recent news, Jeff's work had a holiday party last Saturday. I was so excited to go, but so nervous at the same time. It was a black-tie/cocktail party and I had no idea what to wear. I was just going to wear something of my own, especially since finding a modest cocktail dress here in CA is like finding a needle in a haystack. But the day of the party I decided to go out and look and I found this gem! I was so excited! It was even on sale. It was still more than I would normally spend on a dress, but I had gotten money for my birthday and really wanted to look good and feel good. And I'll be honest, this was the first time in a LONG TIME that I actually felt good about myself (at least since before P was born). I felt good, I felt pretty, and I was really excited to get all dress up for a night with my husband, without kids, without worry.

The party was on Treasure Island. We had a good time. I ate yummy food and met lots of people. Most importantly I had a wonderful evening with my husband!

It was a great way to start off our 5th year of marriage!

Comments

heather said…
Ah! I love all these pictures! Your kids are so stinkin' cute - and your family is perfect! I'm envious of your own Christmas morning, that sounds so lovely. And we LOVE ebelskiver pans! Ry's family has a recipe that is a must during the holidays when we're all together. They are so fun! Love love love you!
Oriah said…
Very pretty dress. :) I love reading your blog. Thank you for all of the updates!

Popular posts from this blog

What to pack . . .

So now that he really could come ANY DAY I figured it was probably time for me to pack my bag. I of course have one of those "What to bring" checklist, but I was wondering what your thoughts where. Is there anything you wish you had brought but didn't? Is there anything you would have died without if you hadn't brought it? I'm just so clueless! A few tips from you experienced mothers would be greatly appreciated!! I cant believe it is so close!!

Have you noticed?

I need a haircut ASAP! This is me saying, "I'll smile if you ignore my hair." Don't get me wrong, I am really excited I have long hair, I love having long hair , but it needs a little TLC. It has been a few months since I have even got a trim and I am still re-couping from a not so good hair cut. The last few times I have really CUT my hair, not just a trim, I was not pleased with the results. Now it would probably help if I was willing to pay more than $10 for a hair cut . . . but I'm Mrs. High Pockets as my father calls me and it is really hard for me to spend money on my hair. So I need your help! What do you think I should do? Before you make any suggestions you should know: It MUST be able to go back into a ponytail!!!!!!! My hair is STICK STRAIGHT My hair will not curl to save my life (via over night curls, hot curls, even curling irons, they just don't work) I want and need something EASY! I do not like to spend time on my hair and I don...

No Use Crying Over Spilled Milk . . .

So being an emotional pregnant woman is definitely taking its tole on both me and Jeff (what a wonderful, patient, and understanding man he is). Saturday morning I was so excited because for the first time in weeks we actually had a morning together. I had planned to make us a delicious breakfast just like my dad always did for me. We had Eggs, Hashbrowns, and even Bacon; we were so excited. So I started cooking the bacon first, knowing it would take the longest. Then when I thought they were close to being done, Jeff started cooking the eggs and I threw on the hashbrowns. Well, needless to say, the eggs finished super fast and the others were not even close. And then to add more to my frustration the pan I was using for the hashbrowns was awful! Despite my many tablespoons of butter the entire thing was completely stuck! I switched pans in the middle to try to save them. In the meantime Jeff ate his eggs so they wouldn't get cold. I insisted on waiting so I could eat th...