
That is the number of hours my husband worked this past week.
If you tack on the commute it comes to about 93 hours.
To say this has been hard for me would be quite the understatement. But a realized lately that I have been pretty darn selfish about the whole thing. He is the one working for goodness sake.
So This week I am making a goal to be more positive.
In my study last week I came across a quote that kinda opened my eyes. It reads:
"My Heavenly Father was surely mindful of me. And when we know that, we live our lives free and apart without murmuring with life or the part we are called to play."
This is the part we have been called to play right now. I need to be better about counting the many many blessings I have rather then spend my time complaining about the one and only thing I am not loving at this particular time. Because honestly, complaining about it gets me nothing except and even worse mood which isn't fun for me or anyone around me. It is so interesting to me because I would say that I am a pretty positive person. I'm always trying to look for the good, except this time. I'm not sure why this time has been so different and so difficult for me, but it has. But I want to be better because when I am positive, everything is so much better!
Jeff and I really are so very very blessed! Here's how:
- Jeff has a great job that he actually LOVES doing. Even after these long days he comes home very happy. I don't know too many people that work only 8 hour days and come home truly happy, so that is a wonderful wonderful thing.
- We have family close by. It is such a blessing to go over to either set of parents to get rejuvenated or have a change of scenery any time we want. Not to mention the kids LOVE their grandparents!
- We have great friends! I feel especially blessed in this area right now. P and I always have something to do and some place to go. And lets be honest, a girl needs her best friend!
I could go on and on about our various blessings, but I just want to focus on those three right now. And starting now I am going to try so very hard not to murmur, and to just be grateful.
But please Feel free to remind me if I need it!
(Quote came from 21 Days Closer to Christ - by Emily Freeman)
Comments