So we actually haven't been home for very much of the summer, but when we are here we make the most of it! We try to find at least one thing to do a day. Here is what we have been up to!
Front Yard Pool Parties
I found this slip and slide for $3.99. I almost bought two! What steal! My kids are still a little scared to slid down it, but our friends are loving it!
$1 Movies
We never take the kids to the movies both because of cost and lack of attention span. But during the summer the theater does $1 kids movies. I took P once last year and he LOVED it! We have been twice so far this year and they have loved it! This was the first time we went, we saw RIO. It was our first time ever watching it and the kids LOVED it! The second time we went we saw Kung Fu Panda 2. P loved it, Em lost interest pretty quick, but she still made it! We are excited to go again!
I had Coldstone money and it was a hot day so I treated the kids to Ice Cream too. They obviously LOVED it! Their only complaint was that we had to share.
![]() |
| Cheese! |
![]() |
| I love this picture of Em. Getting to be such a big girl! |
![]() |
| We walked around and just enjoyed being outside |
Morning Walks
The kids LOVE going for walks on the BART path so we invited some friends to come with us. They had a blast waving at all the trains that past, climbing on every light pole, and finding bugs (and then smashing them...oops). It was lots of fun! We'll have to do it again soon. If you ever want to go, we would love to go!
| Love these Cuties! |
| Check out that Snail! |
Swimming
We are members of the pool that is only a block a way which is nice. It is unfortunately always super busy and crowded, especially the kiddie pool. But we made friends with a friend who has a private community pool, no life guard and we have gone there a few times to swim. It is awesome because we are usually the only ones there. The kids LOVE it! There are definitely more pool days in the near future.
Play Hard = Sleep Harder
This just cracked me up. There are not one, but two beds in this room and yet they both ended up sleeping on the floor. They were asleep on the beds the first time I checked on them not sure how they got to the floor and managed to stay asleep through it all. lol. I love these kiddos! I love that they are each others best friend. No matter what they always sleep on the same bed either P's or Em's. The only time they don't is when they are in trouble or if they fall asleep before we get home. But I love how they do everything together!
Now that we are home for a while we are anxious to play with our friends again and continue the summer fun! Hope your summer has been as awesome as ours!









Comments