Skip to main content

So Cal Temple Trip: Day 3

Newport Beach Temple

The last day was awesome!  I LOVE this temple it is so unique and beautiful.  The temple grounds are amazing and it is just awesome.  I am so anxious to go inside this one, I hear it is beautiful!  Once again, I was impressed with the kids good memories.  We also came to this temple when we were here for Memorial Day but we came on a Sunday and the grounds were closed.  As soon as we pulled up P shouted, "Mommy!  The gate is OPEN!!"  Then he went on to tell G & G how last time we came the gate was closed.  He was very excited! We were excited to come to this one because some of our buddies were going to come join us while we hung out on the grounds.  The kids were SOOOOO excited to see Rachel and Baby E again.  They had been talking about her non-stop since we left her house a month ago.  


We had a great time wondering temple grounds but it was starting to get pretty hot and I knew P would need to use the restroom soon so we decided to head across the street to the stake center.  It was an awesome building and the inside was too!  None like I had ever seen.  They had lots of display cases that has some awesome stuff from church history.  And my kids seemed to have more fun running in the halls then on temple the temple grounds.  Either way, they were happy and it was nice to have a coach to sit on and chat rather than the wet grass.


We were so glad our friends came to see us!  It made the last temple of our trip that much more awesome!


After they were finished with the temple, we said goodbye to our friends and then loaded back into the car to make the long trek home.  We all stopped at In-N-Out before taking off.  Delicious as always.  Some of the youth went to the beach, so headed straight home.  Everyone had a great time!  The kids were especially excited to come home and see daddy.  He had been in Minnesota before we left so it had been 6 days without dad.  It was a long drive and probably the hardest one for the kids, but honestly, they did great!  I have myself a couple of awesome little travelers.  

We had such a great time on the trip.  I am so glad me and the kids could tag along despite our lack of participation inside the temple.  It was fun for us to be able to see all the temples.  It was fun for me to teach the kids more about the temple.  It was awesome to see them be so excited about going to the temple.  I hope if the trip did anything for them, it instilled a love for the temple.  They know it is a special place and they tell me how they want to go inside someday.  I hope and pray they keep that love, excitement, and desire!  The temple is one of my very favorite place to be.  

I LOVE the temple.  

I LOVE that because of the temple, families can be together forever.  

I LOVE that every time I go I learn something new.  

I LOVE that I can feel peace, love, joy and comfort there a midst this world of hate, conflict, and wickedness.

I LOVE the spirit that I feel when I am in that Holy House.

I know these past these post might have been a little boring, especially if you are not a member of our church.  If you are curious about what we do in the temple click here for more information or feel free to ask me any questions you might have.  I love talking about my religion.  It is the reason I am the person that I am.

Anyway, Awesome trip!  Now I need to do all again with my hubby and without the kids so we can go inside all of them!  :)

Comments

I love that you guys took the kids to the temples this summer. This week was the 3 year anniversary of receiving my endowment and it has made me miss that holy place more than words can describe. I am SO anxious to go visit it while we're in the States.
Rachel Wilson said…
Yay! That day was so fun! I'm glad you came! I love your testimony of temples and I'm glad you're teaching your kids about how important they are. That's the best way to ensure in them the importance of temple marriage. Way to go.
Sam and Steph said…
Hi Rebecca! Not sure if you remember us or not (Sam and Steph Tartakoff from the Utah ward in Orem) but I come across your blog every now and then from the Teraza's blog. I wish I had known you were going to be so close! We can literally walk to the Newport Beach Temple. We live 5 minutes away, and would have loved to have come seen you guys! Let me know when you are back down in this area :-) We'll be here for a few more years.

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...